Elektra Beckum ks210 mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Does anyone have experience of this saw - I have the opportunity to buy one for about £40 and as I don't have a mitre saw i thought it might be a worthwhile investment...or should i buy a decent tenon saw?

cheers
stewart

stewart":1bvad92h said:
Hi all
Does anyone have experience of this saw - I have the opportunity to buy one for about £40 and as I don't have a mitre saw i thought it might be a worthwhile investment...or should i buy a decent tenon saw?

cheers
stewart

Hi Stewart,

The KS210 is a decent little saw for what it is. Obviously you get what you pay for to an extent but it really depends on what you are looking to use it for. If you are looking to use it for lost of fine, accurate work then it would be worth spending a bit more money on a more accurate machine. Also, the KS210 has been discontinued, although Metabo keep spares for 8 years, so you shouldn't be stuck. If you need any more info let me know.

DG

Thanks, DG
I went and looked at the saw but decided it was a little on the small side so passed on it.
What was interesting though was that it was being sold by a contributor to some of the woodworking magazines so I got to see some of his projects in the flesh, so to speak. It was also nice to see that he works out of a single garage like I do - though I still covet a barn sized workshop!
Cheers
Stewart

Back