Elektra Beckum KGS255

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamC

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just ordered the new lecky beckum sliding mitre saw, the KGS255 to upgrade my current saw.

Some time ago I purchased the B&Q Power range sliding mitre saw for £119. This saw has actually been fine for me, I have used it to chop through oak 32mm thick with good results and I have laid 3 solid oak floors , 15mm, with this beast. As with any budget tool though, setup can be tricky if you want to be very accurate and it is a bit of an effort to use and very very loud.

I decided that I would upgrade to a better quality saw when I could justify the extra expense then lo and behold EB brought out the KGS255. It is a sliding mitre with a depth stop so trenching is possible, it looks a bit plasticky, like a lot of EB tools, but seems very good quality. I already own the PK200 table saw and am very happy with this tool.

I thought to get good quality with the level of features on this saw I would have to spend upwards of £350 but I am getting this for £269, inc vat, from my local dealer. I think this is very good value for what I hope is a good quality, well featured tool.

I have a project in beech lined up for this saw as soon as it is delivered so I will let you all know how I get on with it. I would also be interested to know if any of you have used this saw, or any of the EB range of mitre saws, and to get a general impression on what you think of them.

I have now received my KGS255 saw, the lead time from EB to my dealer was only 4 days.

I am very impressed with the saw after my first use, although it is a brush motor it is reasonably quiet, the Wickes shop vac that I use for dust extraction was noisier. The B&Q Chinese clone chop saw that I also own is incredibly noisy.

The saw is well made, with good positive action on each moving part and it feels robust. It is also very stable, with no tendency to rock on its base, even when cutting maximum width boards, 260mm.

The sliding mechanism is smooth acting, with no signs of play, and the trenching or depth stop mechanism, although simple is effective and reliable.

The saw was also accurate out of the box and I did not need to make any fine adjustment to get it square.

I was cutting 19mm x 220mm beech boards and the saw did not slow down or labour.

The only criticism I would make of the saw, so far, is the supplied blade, it is a thin kerf blade and is prone to deflection. Fortunately I had a new Freud cross cut blade of the same size in the garage and I installed this.

The performance is excellent so if anyone is looking for a mid range, well featured saw the EB KGS255 is worth considering. At only £269.00 inc VAT it sits mid way between the Chinese saws and the higher end DeWalt, Sheppach and EB saws and in my opinion it is good value.

I'm going to be reviewing this saw on sawdustalley next month. Just got back from the DM tools show - had a good look at it there, looks great!

Hi GrahamC,

Sounds like you are very happy with the KGS255,

Can you tell me :-

1. what size the saw is - I am mainly interested in the depth of the saw i.e from the back of the rails to the front, to see if it will fit on my bench. ?
2. Is the dust extraction any good ?

I also have the PK200 table saw and I am very happy with it, since they both use 210mm x 30mm blades - would be possible to interchange blades ?

thanks

Latest posts

Back