Elektra Beckum HC260 Thicknessing Alignment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandyMat

Reaction score
Hi,

A while ago I purchased a secondhand Elektra Beckum HC260 so that I can purchase sawn timber and repurpose other timber rather than prepared timber to save money in the long run. In general it works great.

The problem I'm having is that when thicknessing it consistently results in one side of 200+mm timber being 1mm thicker on one than the other side. Is there any way to adjust this so that it aligns correctly from side to side?

Many thanks for any hep of advice.

I adjusted the thicknessing bed on my HC260 and from what I recall it involves releasing the tension in the chain via the chain tensioner sprocket.
This should allow you to disengage the chain so that you can adjust the height of the bed via the thicknessing bed spindles and nuts.
When you have made an adjustment, use a piece of wood to gauge between the thicknessing bed and the underside of the cutter block body - gauge both sides accross the width of the bed and repeat the adjustment until you get the difference to an acceptable amount.
It may take several attempts to get it right but it is a useful excercise to go through in order to clean the mechanism and to make sure there is no build up that is preventing the bed to rise and fall properly.

Maybe worth checking the rubber feed roller for wear, Replaced my one because it was worn down more on one side and that sorted it out.

Jim

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. As it turned out this was easier than I thought. I removed the cover on the side opposite the fence and the main cylinder holding the blades is secured with four hex screws. I loosened them and set it to be a consistent height above the table. Not quite right yet so will need some fine tuning but at least I now know ho to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Back