Elektra Beckum BAS250 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim4321

Established Member
Reaction score
I think i have decided on the above bandsaw. just though i would run it by you knowledgeable lot on the forum. I have decided on this one because it appears to be the best quality for the size. (please feel free to differ and make other suggestions) and size does matter, i only have a little one (shed that is :wink: )

Also i have seen it at rutlands for £219.95 does anyone know if this is the best price around.

Cheers

Jim

Cheers Adam,

Im glad i did see those before going and ordering. have been reading a lot on here and a lot of people suggest going with the biggest BS you can get away with. so with that in mind i have dug out the axminster catalogue and am looking at the perform CCBB now. its on special at the moment.

thinking of going this route with a dure edge blade

cheers

jim

Whilst I agree that you will never regret a large capacity, be careful not to sacrifice too much quality. I have no experience with any Perform equipment other than to look at it at shows and some of the kit does seem rather flimsy and made down to a budget.

An alternative (if it is still available) is to get a cast iron frame 14" JET bandsaw and the 6" riser block that goes with it. That was you end up with a JET quality machine, 12" of capacity under the guide and a reasonable price.

However, all of the above depends on what you are doing. Resawing from deep section material has a very different demand from cutting large diameter circles from 1/2" ply!

devonwoody":1s72x9o0 said:
I'm in big big trouble with my Record BS350!!!!!!!!!

Awaiting outcome later today.

Hey Dev, what happened? Seized? Motor toast? Dead as Norwegian Blue? The BS doesn't like you? You had an arguement with it? What then?

Noel

My Record BS350;

The Record engineer was called in because I was not satisfied on an alignment of lower bearing carrier.
This was booked for the engineer to call next time he was in the Paignton/Devon area. ( he resides in Worcestershire).

Then I found that the Record sales information pamphlet on which I based my purchasing decision on has incorrect model specifications. The base plate was supposed to tilt 10 degrees to the left and 45 degrees to the right. It will only tilt 4 degrees to the left and therefore was unsuitable to my requirements.

The outcome was that a full refund of purchase price and the machine will be collected by the Record engineer next time he is in the area.

HI,

That Dev's a lucky so and so. If the machine had been from Machine Mart, it would have been a case of them saying "but the wheels turn and still cuts wood" like I got with an Electra Beckum.

cheers,
jonny.

Bandsaw troubles

Electra Beckum = the wheels go round.
Record = my one didn't do what the sales spec. said it should do
Jet = The USA member said his table needing propping up.
Schepparch = Haven't got one my requirement size.

Waka, your old Record rsbs12 was a good one.

HI,

Too right Waka, the Electra Beckum engineer even told me that the old green 315 saw was made much better in Germany, where as the curren't blue BAS 316 is made to tight budgets in Tiawan.

cheers,
jonny.

Back