Elektra Beckum BAS15 rip fence and mitre guide WANTED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micky L

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Can anybody help me ? I have bought a Elektra Beckum BAS15 bandsaw in a auction but it didn’t have a rip guide fence or mitre guide with it has anyone got these items or anybody know anywhere I might obtain one . I have tried Metabo and spoke if they new anywhere I could get this but no luck from them and the newer Metabo bandsaws items won’t fit this old 2001 model :?:

Hello
It's the worst designed fence that I've ever seen, really!
Don't bother trying to obtain it as its useless and probably got hurled away in anger, everything needs to be loosened off to change a blade, including removal of the fence rail that keeps the table flat, terrible design and made of cheese to boot.

I suggest you get some flat bar and make your own fence rail and fence for it,
or look for solutions that other folk have done.

Flat bar stock will definitely be the easiest to design, make it so you can lift it off easily
so you are not having to remove fixings when curve cutting or crosscuts.

Tom

Hi tom thanks for your advice I have thought about using a circular saw board clamp and shorting it so it clamps back and front and use a tape measure or steel rule to measure distances what do you think

Have a look at this fence system as it can be lifted off easily,
like this one for example...
[youtube]le-9Jzju-Cg[/youtube]

The flat bar fence is the best design that I've came across, and I feel a bit silly for not making something similar when I have to crosscut and do this malarkey :oops:
Bandsaw fence antics - Copy.JPG

The flat bar design lends itself well to accessories like in this video, and might be worth having a look
at the additional shop made wooden fixtures for it, if you wanted to knock something up and see how the saw is.
[youtube]1bUoHHdLex0[/youtube]

Tom

Attachments

• Bandsaw fence antics - Copy.JPG
    Bandsaw fence antics - Copy.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 148
Thanks tom I will have a go at making a fence I also have a friend who is an engineer so I will call in some favours I have done for him in the past :D

Back