elektra beckham chip collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I have just bought a second hand dust extractor, elekra beckham (something) 1100.

i paid £25 plus the bits that get added at local auctions but theres no hoses just the machine and cloth bag. i have tested it a put a thick black bag on the bottom until i can get a clear one, like to see the chips spinning :lol: :lol:

the question is, im on a very tight budget, wife and kids :lol: , i need hoses or at least a 2mtr to start with, where can i get one cheap, i guess i cant use the white type ones for saftey reasons. any suggestions or help as to wheres and what fors please

thanks gents.

all the best.
Phil.

Hi Active
Have you looked at the Charnwood Woodworking Machines site. They are based in coalville leicestershire, they sell a 100 dia hose which will stay put when it is bent to shape, also lots of other sizes of hose and fittings, prices are usually resonable too. try here http://www.charnwood.net/

Bean

thanks gent for the replies.

dont you lot sleep :lol: :lol:

thanks for the links, the place the collector came from is winding up and theres 2 big skips there, so i think i will first have a good look in there :D , i got 9x4mtr lenghts of new black guttering for the workshop out of there yesterday so in a way that saving on the gutter paid for the collector, yep! im well happy with it, so, so, quite aswell.

all the best.
Phil

Phil,

RS componentes stock a massive range of ducting, I will be placing an order with them next week but it works out cheaper than buying through Charnwood. Minimum length is 5m.

http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/subRangeAction.do?cacheID=ukie

The reason I am buying from them is that they have a presence here in Ireland, so no pesky exchange rates, and huge transport costs.

Les

Pete,

the one I am going for is Superflex PU L/R, light wieght, polyurethane, 100mmx5m code 413-9180 €58.40

I am buying through my company as it saves me paying the VAT.

Les

:shock: £58 geppers creepers. and i thought £25 for 5 mrts was a bit rich.

'pollogies - €58 is actually £40 - I live in euro world! It is also probably more expensive anyway here - everything else is!

A trip back to the skip to day yield no hose but, i did get 10 sheets of flooring board which i will use to make a cupboards and also 4 new packs of tongue and groove paneling, 2700x250x10. made a cupboard yesterday to store my fishing kit but i didn't line the inside, i have now though thanks to the tongue and groove :D oh and a length of white square down pipe to replace a piece on my conservator.

is it just me or are we amongst other skip jumpers.

one mans waste is another mans gold and all that :D

got a lenght that will do me for now until i set things up propley. £23 for 2.5mtr at machine mart. thanks guys for the input.

activeviii":3g78t5rp said:
A trip back to the skip to day yield no hose but, i did get 10 sheets of flooring board which i will use to make a cupboards and also 4 new packs of tongue and groove paneling, 2700x250x10. made a cupboard yesterday to store my fishing kit but i didn't line the inside, i have now though thanks to the tongue and groove :D oh and a length of white square down pipe to replace a piece on my conservator.

is it just me or are we amongst other skip jumpers.

one mans waste is another mans gold and all that :D

My wife has banned me from skips for the time being until I use up the timber I have already got.

She used to spot them for me walking the dogonalead.
Had to do dogonalead as one word because if you type that into google??????????

Back