Elektra Beckam 315 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayesdec

Reaction score
Hi

My bandsaw doesn’t start up Without a push. Once it starts up it runs fine. I have ordered a new start up capacitor. Hopefully this is the problem?

any suggestions I would be grateful.

hayesdec

Attachments

• IMG_8254.MOV
    21.5 MB
Capacitors are 99% likely culprit given the push start. I had exact same issue with bobbin sander, £6 for a same specification generic Capacitors and all sorted now.

Hi

My bandsaw doesn’t start up Without a push. Once it starts up it runs fine. I have ordered a new start up capacitor. Hopefully this is the problem?

any suggestions I would be grateful.

hayesdec

Yep, push the button, hear the hum, turn the top wheel and cut. You get used to it.

Yep, push the button, hear the hum, turn the top wheel and cut. You get used to it.
.... once you have either changed the door knob or welded a washer into the screwdriver slot :p

Could get a bit exciting doing that kind of malarkey though :unsure:

I think the new cap will sort it out, the one on me auld fellas 315 appears a bit newer,
although I'll wait until @Myfordman or someone else more knowledgeable than I would give a much more informative answer if it definitely is or not.

Not sure if I recalled correctly, but seem to remember something about the possibility of the motor running in reverse,
Just mentioning as I've heard one fella does an alignment test on a bandsaw by hand turning the wheel backwards, should something be off, the blade will walk off the wheels.

Tried that with the 315, seemed to stay put, but under power that might not be the case!

.... once you have either changed the door knob or welded a washer into the screwdriver slot :p

Could get a bit exciting doing that kind of malarkey though :unsure:

I think the new cap will sort it out, the one on me auld fellas 315 appears a bit newer,
although I'll wait until @Myfordman or someone else more knowledgeable than I would give a much more informative answer if it definitely is or not.

Not sure if I recalled correctly, but seem to remember something about the possibility of the motor running in reverse,
Just mentioning as I've heard one fella does an alignment test on a bandsaw by hand turning the wheel backwards, should something be off, the blade will walk off the wheels.

Tried that with the 315, seemed to stay put, but under power that might not be the case!

How has he still got all his finger...?🤣🤔🤣🤔🤣🤔

Back