Electronic signatures and computer issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife received an electronic declaration form as an attachment in an email from the County Council. It needs her to enter her name and tick a box etc. We can open the document using Preview on the Mac and enter the data OK (seems it's PDF file). We can save it OK. We can re-open it (again in Preview) and the stuff we entered is still there.

But when we then go and attach it to an email to send back to the originator, all the stuff we entered has disappeared.

I'm wondering if this is something that they've tested on a PC but ignored the Mac.

Can you 'Print' the PDF file to your computer?
Does the 'printed' file then contain the filled in details?
If it does email your locally Printed Version.

Attachments

• Printed using pdf printer.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 16
We occasionally get contracts at work which require an e-signature which I do using Acrobat Reader- which I downloaded free onto my mac. Signatures are set up with a password. It very much depends how the document has been compiled as to whether this is necessary. I wouldn't say it's particularly complicated to do, but for documents which need to be signed by multiple parties it is a bit of a nuisance having to save and pass along at each stage. So much so that I normally end up 'signing' on behalf of both my bosses and our manager. In the olden days they would post the form to us, then we had to print it ourselves. The current method is less convenient than pen and paper, but at least we skipped the stage where the form had to be printed and then scanned to return by email, where it would probably have been printed to keep a hard copy on file!
HTH

Whilst hunting around for the option to Print as a PDF file, I came across an option Mail PDF and clicked on that. Mail opened up a new message with the PDF already inserted AND with the data !

Bizarre.

for future reference: When you open the print option, bottom left hand corner you will see a drop down, click that and you can print to PDF from there

Back