Electricity for garage/workshop in Bedfordshire recommend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sheffield Tony":1x32pqer said:
Our kitchen was fitted out by "professionals" who plastered the cables into the walls with no trunking !
I'm not aware of any regulation that states you can't plaster cables directly into the walls. I prefer to use trunking but the only purpose it serves really is to stop the plasterer nicking the cable with the trowel.

I would agree though it seems that any enforcement is very rare although I know of a few people who have been made to rectify some external issues like building higher than the PP allowed thinking once they had built it they could argue their case.

That's mixing issues. Overstepping your planning permission is quite separate to building regs. Abd that does seem to be enforced.

Contact made and hopefully this can be followed with the rest of it successfully.

The job is now done. Old wires decommissioned and where possible removed and complete new supply and rewiring done. It took 4 days for 2 guys including digging the trench for the cable.
Thank you for the tip.
I can start messing about again.

Back