Electric blue/burr elm hybrid ovoid form

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornucopia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks

Here's another hybrid cast which I poured over a week ago and turned yesterday
Electric blue iridescent resin with natural edge burr elm ovoid form
3 5/8" wide by 4 1/2" tall

P1150842.jpg

P1150857.jpg

P1150847.jpg

P1150861.jpg

I have been following these resin wood creations, and love them all,even the pinkish one! Trying to figure out how you do it and maybe this winter I will have to give it a try. The blonde loves blue so she says good job a well.Keep them coming.DK

Absolutely beautiful. The third photo gives me the impression of photographs you see taken of the earth from space with visible weather system/clouds. I really like it =D> :lol: =D>

cornucopia":1qhw736o said:
Hello folks

Very nice, do you make your own moulds? What was the size of the cast before turning?

Regards

Once again a beautiful shape flawlessly turned and finished, but I just don't get the resin/wood combination - it doesn't work for me, sorry. I'd probably like it in all wood or all resin...

Do you have any problem with contamination or the wood with resin dust or vice-versa?

Alli":w6e0ottp said:
Absolutely beautiful. The third photo gives me the impression of photographs you see taken of the earth from space with visible weather system/clouds. I really like it =D> :lol: =D>

Good description !

Lovely piece of work.

Cheers, Paul

12345Peter":3bmllz65 said:
cornucopia":3bmllz65 said:
Hello folks

Very nice, do you make your own moulds? What was the size of the cast before turning?

Regards

yes i do- it was 5x4

George, I love your hybrid turnings and decided to try some myself. I seem to have great difficulty getting the resin to stick to the wood is there a secret to this and if so would you mind sharing it.

Hi Alex

I get asked this allot-I’m sorry but I’m not willing to tell you how it’s done or which products to use. I’ve spent far too much money and countless hours to get to the stage of development I’m at to simply share the answers freely. I know it’s not within the spirit of the sharing woodturning community and I have helped and still do help lots of people with woodturning problems but this part of my woodturning passion is special to me and not for sharing.... yet.

However I will tell you that all the answers you are looking for are easily found on the internet.

Hi George , are you in the position to make blanks to peoples Spec. and sell them on ,or are you just forming for your own output .I am sure there are many turners who would like to get their hands on your blanks . :lol:
As always beautiful work . REgards

some one at the Tudor rose show was selling special resin for inlays

I don't remember this name

Tom

Back