Electric/battery nail gun uk help please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manxnorton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
As so know my brain doesn't work best of times lol.
so for days I have been on and off looking at a suitable nail gun (not air line)
But what tipped the boat on my info overload was the guage/size & length etc, #-o
Normal use with my work is 18-20mm ply and the same pine, so trying to get the right size to tack would be helpful.
Hv0kYMj.jpg

And this doesn't help 'Also fires 180 type nails 10-35mm (also available in stainless steel)' bad enough working out gauges n stuff.
All I know apparently the larger number (18 guage) the diameter goes smaller...is this right :?:
Finally my budget its about £40-£80 but can stretch to £100.
Any links would be really helpful (visually helps me)
Bri

I have an very old Rapesco which seems to be the same machine. The attached photo shows the various 91 type staples. They are much thicker than the normal paper staples and narrower. The staples on the left are for the air nailer but they appear the same. The one inch nails are on the right, or they would be if the photo was landscape :( Hope this helps.

IMG_20191021_163825421.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191021_163825421.jpg
    IMG_20191021_163825421.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 286
HappyHacker":8pjivas6 said:
I have an very old Rapesco which seems to be the same machine. The attached photo shows the various 91 type staples. They are much thicker than the normal paper staples and narrower. The staples on the left are for the air nailer but they appear the same. The one inch nails are on the right, or they would be if the photo was landscape :( Hope this helps.

Hallow m8,
Thank you ver much for taking time to reply.
looks like the '180' type nail is good for me tbh! cant imagine using spaples but handy.
I'll use nails to tack after glue up, and i'm getting tired a bit with only one arm working juggling clamps, glue n screws which is a pain #-o
let you know what I deside lol.
Thanks again.
Bri

I had the Rapesco version of the nailer you have pictured and found it pretty useless. Often didn't sink the nails deep enough, you had to press on it really hard to try and avoid this.

If it hasn't been improved I think you will be disappointed with it.

I have never used one but am told the Maestri nailers are the only electric ones worth buying but they are more expensive.

I have put up quite a lot of chicken wire with the stapler without any problems. More recently while upholstering some chairs it would not always put the staples in quite to the full depth and occasionally put two in at a time but must be at least 20 years old. As Doug said the long nails may not always go in full depth and it does need a firm press but it depends on the wood and if you are using it to help with glue ups you may want to leave nails sticking out a bit to enable them to be pulled out afterwards.

It is not as powerful or as flexible as an air nailer but cheaper if you include the cost of a compressor.

Latest posts

Back