Electra Buckum Bandsaw Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topconker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, been given, yes given, an Electra Beckum Bandsaw recently and told several bit were missing.
Well yes, there are a few bits missing/broken and I'm currently sorting them all out.
My real problem at the moment though is the bottom drive wheel shaft that has obviously been messed with as the 4 adjustable bolts that hole it in place in it's housing have been loosened.
Does anyone have a method that I can re-set the shaft so that the lower and upper wheels are co-planer?
I've noticed the shaft has a hole through it at the outer end and wonder if this is used in someway to adjust it.
Appreciate any advice and suggestions.
Cheers,
TC

Hello Topconker
You could do it a few ways, one would be taking the table off and the belt,
placing a wide enough beam that you can rest a square against, checking the distance on 9 and 3 o'clock locations.
I say you might need to take off the belt because on the one I have, the threads for the jacking screws
have gave up, and someone welded on nuts instead.
There is a Rikon lower wheel adjustment PDF you can find online with an adjustment guide and the counter adjustments of certain problems.
Good luck with your saw
Tom

Remove the table and put a straight edge across both wheels, referencing from the top wheel (after getting it as vertically "flat" as you can, and set the lower wheel accordingly if needed). Check left, centre and right on both wheels. If you cannot put the straight edge in contact with both wheels because of the frame attach 2 batons top and bottom and ensure they are evenly spaced from the edge. Some like to mount and tension the blade and then set alignment but I don't think it's that important but certainly would do no harm.

Back