Electra Beckum bandsaw casting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnbirdseye

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I found this site today looking for spare parts for my 315 Bandsaw, I have 2 of these from when I worked as a modelmaker.
I bought a second one so I could work at my home workshop and also at a local craft centre.
However when I vacated the craft centre about 10 years ago I stored the Bandsaw in my shed.I decided to have a clear out and maybe sell the bandsaw but discovered one of the castings is in a dire condition, I decided to remove it for a close inspection and it just broke apart. The other castings are completely normal but this one has multiple fissures all over it!
Are castings still available anywhere ? I get the impression that perhaps only the whole assembly complete with bearings might be available but it would probably cost more than I would likely sell the saw for.

I tried to add a photo but it won't allow it ? :- Your account does not have permission to post links or domain/page references.

Post some more messages, then you will be able to upload phtos so that we can see which part you are talking about.

Thank you Tom,
I suppose I could consider buying that upgrade for my other bandsaw and swap the existing one into the one I intend to sell.
I have a small ex school milling machine so I think I will source a block of aluminium and have a go at making one
You can see from the photo just how bad this casting was. This is the main bracket that holds the rest of the blade guide,

Vic

Attachments

• saw.JPG
    saw.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 98
A common problem with these bandsaws can certainly recommend the upgrade from Bedford saws as I have already replaced two set for friends.

Hi Vic, I have the 315 band saw and have the upper and lower guides that are complete apart from one side bearing.

Back