ELECTRA BECKUM BANDSAW 315 Blade Guide Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonio-d

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning Forum,

can anyone point in the direction of where to buy a new blade guide kit for an electra bekum 315 bandsaw please?

hey guys

so picked up my bandsaw today unfortunately the drive belt snapped on demo so i'm now in need of the motor drive belt as well as the blade guide.
the blade guide has now been ordered however apparently there 2 different types of belts anyone know which one i need please?
the original manual lists part 7233190017 but there's 2 types.

any help would be great

thank you

Take the old one to any auto parts store or halfords type shop. They can match the belt in seconds.
And it'll be a quarter of the spare part price.

Measure the centre to centre distance between the motor and drive pulleys in the middle of the adjustment range, double it. Then take half the circumference of the drive pulley and motor pulley (Pi times diameter divided by 2) and add them to the distance measurements. That's the length of belt you need. If you can remove the pulley from either pulley take it with you so they can get the correct belt width to the places sunnybob mentioned.

Pete

https://www.tuffsaws.co.uk/ another option for blades, great quality and service.

If I recall the last belt I replaced was a pale coloured urethane v ribbed belt. The replacement was a black belt which fitted well, so imagine no difference in size between the two you mentioned.
Thought I got it from Miles Tool & Machinery but don't see on their site any more, was about 7/8 quid.

PS- I'll go and measure mine if you can wait, 40 mins or so.

Ok, 640 mm approx external but bear in mind the belt has likely stretched a bit.
8mm wide and 4 Vs.
You may get one from a motor factor but to be honest I'd just get one from a Metabo spares stockist.

Back