Einhell tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an einhell reciprocating saw, which does the job ok, and I was quite happy until the last time I used it I noticed the battery kept on vibrating its way loose.

I think einhell are reasonable value for the money, and now I've got the batteries I'd pick up another bare unit or two (if they were the right price) for something I'd use occasionally. I don't think they are much better or much worse than others at the same price point

...Feels pretty sold compared to my old Bosch.

I hope it was sold because the alternative is probably "nicked" (half-inched).

But I'm sure you mean "solid". ;)

While on my OE in 1981 I bought a 220v 115mm Einhell disc grinder in a Dutch supermarket. I couldn't believe you could buy tools in a supermarket, and the price was half what I would have paid in NZ at the time (NZ prices are much more reasonable these days).

It was slightly rough running, but did the occasional bit of hard work just fine. It gave up the ghost about 5 years ago. The Makita that replaced it is much nicer.

I've always scorned Ozito - I didn't realise it was the same company :oops:.

Cheers, Vann.

But I'm sure you mean "solid". ;)
Yep - stupid spellchecker..

I have a builder pal who had a job part of which required drilling 250 one inch holes in concrete. He didn't want to risk stuffing up his De Walt so he bought the big Ozito hammer drill - $109, figuring that even if he had to buy a couple to see the job done it would be cheaper that way.
The one Ozito did the job, he still has it some years later, I borrowed it for a job here at home and it still goes fine.
I don't know if I would buy an Ozito for a precision tool but for a simple DIY drill I can't see the problem with the brand and especially so considering their 5 year guarantee.

About 15 years ago I was partitioning off a bit of the garage for storage so needed to bolt the bottom plate into the concrete floor. I went to hire an SDS drill for the day and was taken aback by the hire fee. Went and bought an Ozito at a lot less than the days hire and its still going strong. Not something used every day but its seen a bit more work by me and been lent out to others as well. They are not top of the line but for the money and warranty not bad value. I would not pick Ozito for something that gets frequent use but for those get this job done situations they are a good priced option. I also got the multi tool when doing the floating floor. Same story got the job done and I still have it.
Regards
John

I have an Einhell Dust Extractor with power take off. It is powerful enough but very noisy and in the first few months both the plastic clips that you coil the power cable around snapped off and if you lifted it up a castor fell off (fixed with a dab of silicon) neither of which was important enough to return it. Now the power take off has packed up which is a pain so I will be replacing it this year as it was it's only redeeming feature.
What did you replace it with?

I'm in the market for some kind of extraction with 2000w power take off

What did you replace it with?

I'm in the market for some kind of extraction with 2000w power take off
It started working again after a fashion. It works fine with my bench sander and ROS but doesn't switch off my mitre saw which is weird. I'm hanging on to it until my new workshop is finished (I haven't started it yet but it is imminent 🤞), by the time it is built I will have finalised the design of my new dust extraction system which will include a fixed Camvac extractor and a small portable vac with power take off for flexibility, but there are so many models out there that I haven't decided which yet.

Einhell had some decent stuff back in the 70-ies and early 80-ies when it was made in Germany.
Modern Einhell is just another sales organisation ordering tools from the lowest bidder in China with the specification "cheaper than anybody else or loose the contract". With quality to match that specification.

OZITO is RUBBISH
Sure it is cheap, and they may replace defective units.
If you like gambling, buy one.
I would never touch the stuff - Chinese rubbish at it's worst.

Einhell had some decent stuff back in the 70-ies and early 80-ies when it was made in Germany.
Modern Einhell is just another sales organisation ordering tools from the lowest bidder in China with the specification "cheaper than anybody else or loose the contract". With quality to match that specification.
I would have to agree, bought one of their wall chasers years ago. Good tool at a reasonable price. When I recently looked at their current offerings I was very disappointed.

Einhell have never sold any tools that ticked my required boxes until I recently had to replace my old flymo lawn mower that was keen for a visit to the local recycling centre.. after carrying out some research on the subject I settled on an Einhell 36v cordless jobbie (it uses 2 x 18v 4.0a batts) after reading some promising reviews and I’m pleased to report I don’t regret my decision at all. A task that has been a lengthy chore is now so quick and easy with virtually no post activity clean up that swmbo is happy to undertake it herself leaving me more time to sit and ponder..what’s not to like?

Back