Einhell mini grinder - product recall - part 115 850

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
These have had a safety recall. My local Travis Perkins is giving a full refund (provided you have the original receipt :cry: ).

It's the diamond blades that are the problem...one of them disintegrated at speed...resultant fatality/very, very serious wounding resulted.

If I can't find the receipt then the whole thing is going in the skip. if ever there was a case of 'you get what you pay for' this was it.

Roger

Roger, I may be wrong but I'm sure a receipt is not necessary. If there has been a recall and you own the item in question then the supplier / distributor / manufacturer has to make good / refund / replace etc.

Noel/etc

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that something requiring a product recall on safety grounds shouldn't need a receipt to get a refund? :-k

Cheers, Alf

Edit: Not just me then. :D

I tried that but they said 'How do we know that you got it from us?'

To be fair I took it back to a different TP branch...my local malvern one...and I don't want to get too heavy with them...so I'll wait until i go back to London and then return it to the TP there where I bought it.

If they still won't refund it then I'll get more stroppy.

Roger

Roger, got a bank statement or credit card bill? Should show the amount and company payment was made to on it. It wont prove beyond all doubt but if the debit is the same price as the machine they will be hard pressed to quibble I would have thought?

Steve.

Roger,
Maybe better to find out a contact for the UK agent and make it their problem rather than you having to do the running. Or give TP head office a call.....

Cheers

Tim

Tim..you're right , of course. I tried Einhell...no reply to email....so contacted TP head office..who have arranged my local malvern branch to give me the refund.

PS How's the Festool??? green...oh so green :cry:

EDIT: Spoke to TP Head Office who have arranged for me to return it to my local malvern branch.

Intriguingly just got an email back from Einhell who denied all knowledge of a recall. Somewhat worrying and so I guess I'll have to do my 'good citizen' bit and ask Trading Standards to investigate since it's a bit concerning that there appears to be two different points of view. The reason given by the TP counter staff for the recall was that a piece of diamond blade flew off and went through the eye socket of the operator.

Back