Eight Days A Week

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
When I retired I thought I would have all the time in the world to do things, it ain't so.
With an impending new kitchen looming up and my boat decks that need scrubbing I'm running out of time, Who invented the seven day week? Why didn't he make it eight days? The kitchen started with the removal of the Aga
3353198139_40498b2576.jpg

Then we removed all the inset ceiling lights and got that replastered and painted
3353197359_57452a33ba.jpg

We've still got the new light to fit :(

The Aga has been totally renovated with all new internal parts and the blue enamel that was blue is now black.
3425491865_2fd6f8361c.jpg

3425491575_311edb96ab.jpg

Before the kitchen arrives I have to get the tiles up off the floor and lay a new covering of plywood, I'm off later today to get the plywood from Plymouth, I could have bought it local but I found I can save at least 30% from a stockist in Plymouth. I said I'll fetch it later but we're waiting for a delivery of kerosene to be delivered :( and swmbo wants to go shopping in Plymouth :(

and I've still got to scrub the boat decks.....

Tomorrow I've got to go to Salcombe to pick up a machine I bought on Ebay :) and swmbo wants to come so she can shop in Salcombe :(

and I've still got to scrub the boat decks...

the grass needs cutting, all the upvc weatherboarding, guttering and down pipes need washing.

The car need de-dogging and all the rubbish cleaned out, I'll need an empty dustbin before I can do that.
I also need to clear room in my workshop to make room to store the new kitchen cupboards before they get fitted.

I could go on and on but I ain't got time, I'll go and see what I can add to the ten year plan :) Oh why ain't there eight days a week like the Beatles sang :(

Swmbo say's "I could have done half of the jobs if I hadn't been playing making clamp racks" :( with the emphasis on playing She's just added "What ten year plan, more like twenty" Sarcastic sod...... Ouch!

Well as they say in Cornwall "I'll do it Dreckly" which means in English "Manyana with out the urgency"

:)

Spare a thought for all of us who still have to work full time.

We have all the same jobs to do as you, except perhaps scrubbing the decks, and only the weekends to do them in :D :D

Peter T":3hf4rtz0 said:

We have all the same jobs to do as you, except perhaps scrubbing the decks, and only the weekends to do them in :D :D

Yes but when I was working I had more time to do things, honestly, ask any retired person and they all say the same... :D

oh dear. It's bathroom knocking about for me this weekend :( Much rather be in the workshop.

Lord Nibbo":2rhg4x0f said:
The Aga has been totally renovated with all new internal parts and the blue enamel that was blue is now black.

the blue enamel that was blue........... :D

I`ve been trying to work out whats on the unit beside the Aga, is it a halogen hob jobbie?

Steve

Lord Nibbo":32q2v5h5 said:
Peter T":32q2v5h5 said:

Yes but when I was working I had more time to do things, honestly, ask any retired person and they all say the same... :D

So the answers easy..............................get a job :D :D

I was only discussing this self same point with a friend yesterday Mi Lord. Where does the time go?
I suspect it's Einstein's time dilation effect my self

Roy.

And they tell me some people get bored during retirement! :lol: :lol:

Roy.

Greetings your Lordship,
Retired is it?? Plenty of spare time are they?? :lol:

I thought the same thing when I went from working full time to part-time. 20 hrs a week thinks I? A doddle, (Yeah, Right). Phone rings, Daughter: Can I have a lift to.......?? Phone rings Mother-in-law: can you take me shopping...To hospital...mow the lawn....paint the fence..(Very therapeutic 8) ) Plus Dad Plus Sister plus a million other things.

I wonder how I fit it all in sometimes. Trouble is, they all think, "He's retired/working part-time, he's got loads of spare time". Would we have it any other way? No, it's good to be wanted, even if we are glorified taxi drivers. (Yep, done that as well) :lol:

Sounds sort of familiar! Then of course there are all the 'big' jobs that you put whilst working 'cos you didn't have the time!

Roy.

Retirement is wonderful - just when you've got your own house / boat / car whatever up to scratch and you plan a few days golfing / walking etc, the children decide that you've nothing to do so you might as well fit their new kitchens / bathrooms / floors.

Oh by the way can you take grandchildren to school / football / dancing / tennis?

Beware of retirement, it's hard work . . . but more rewarding than paid work!!

David

sliver":fhxfti20 said:
Greetings your Lordship,
Retired is it?? Plenty of spare time are they?? :lol:

I thought the same thing when I went from working full time to part-time. 20 hrs a week thinks I? A doddle, (Yeah, Right). Phone rings, Daughter: Can I have a lift to.......?? Phone rings Mother-in-law: can you take me shopping...To hospital...mow the lawn....paint the fence..(Very therapeutic 8) ) Plus Dad Plus Sister plus a million other things.

I wonder how I fit it all in sometimes. Trouble is, they all think, "He's retired/working part-time, he's got loads of spare time". Would we have it any other way? No, it's good to be wanted, even if we are glorified taxi drivers. (Yep, done that as well) :lol:

Blimey, I get all of that now and I've got 10 years to go, judging by others comments, I think I'll ask my employer if I can work on after 65, I'll tell them I need a rest, :roll: seriously though, I have even given up PJ's now in order to get my own work done :)

Rich.

At least I can a bottle tonight without worrying about Mister Plod in the morning Rich. Retirement does have it's upsides!

Roy.

After nearly two months of upheaval were now on the home leg of finishing the kitchen remodel. We've still got a list of tuit's to do like , Some plastering then the Limestone wall tiles go on the walls, some glass shelves missing from several of the wall units as is the frosted glass doors for the same units, the fridge freezer has to be got back into place (four man job) the hob top hood is still missing, the blinds have to be replaced, paint the rest of the walls and doorways, and the tap in the picture has to be changed to a bridged lever type.

Hopefully one more week should see it finished :)

3501564599_ddcc4e99e1_o.jpg

3501564191_b068695385_o.jpg

3502377840_56ed81db18_o.jpg

3501563441_e86fe54d10_o.jpg

3501562883_05fca2d6c1_o.jpg

3502359950_68324e6c49_o.jpg

3501544195_6879519525_o.jpg

3502357770_60a188ec37_o.jpg

:D

It's worrying that I seemingly have to look forward to 40 years of being as busy as I am now, before I retire and get really busy...... :wink: :lol:

p.s. I will now have the Beatles song rolling around my head for the rest of the day.....

Back