Eh? Is that right?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suffolkboy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
While killing a bit of time earlier I was looking at Bamboo timber, specifically plywood. Just out of interest more than anything...

I found a website selling it and entered in the dimensions of an 8x4 sheet to get a price...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190525-160250_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190525-160250_Chrome.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 541
That's what happens when a company has run out of stock, and want to hold the advertisement there ready for re-stocking. Apparently it is easier to do that than to pull the add and then stick it back in later when they have stock again. Some books on Amazon can be £900 one week, then £7.50 the following.

Ah I see.

Could they not just put an "out of stock" message on it?

I had a Del boy type plan to glue loads of bamboo chopping boards together to sell as sheets of ply at that markup.

Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Wouldn't suprise if this is their in-stock price. Maybe about £250 for a full sheet of 16-18mm Bamboo...?

Also a common practice to hold the advert on ebay

Its made me do a double take on several occasions

MikeG.":h1ffnk55 said:
That's what happens when a company has run out of stock, and want to hold the advertisement there ready for re-stocking. Apparently it is easier to do that than to pull the add and then stick it back in later when they have stock again. Some books on Amazon can be £900 one week, then £7.50 the following.

I can understand why they might do that on ebay or Amazon. But it's a terrible idea for a website as that customer is unlikely to come back

Back