Eeek, bit stuck in my impact driver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkman

Established Member
Reaction score
Like the silly person hole I am I used a snappy bit in my impact driver and its very stuck. Does anyone know how to get something like this out?
Its a panasonic but I think the bits are fairly of a type. (there again I got the thing stuck so what do I know?)
Suggestions welcomed!

Mark

You mean one thats too short and its gone inside?

A decent magnet, like one of them tiny niobium ones? coupled with a sharp whack on the backend? (hammer)

I've resisted the temptation of doing that for that very reason!

Have you used one where the groove in the hex shank doesnt quite fit in the bit holder/collet properly? If so the put the bit in a vise, use one hand to pull the collar forward and firmly pull and push the driver repeatedly to try and get the ball bearing to let go.

If its just having a bit stuck in the collet try giving the stuck bit a swift tap on something hard.

HTH

Another possibility if the holder is slightly oversize is that the bit gets wedged into the angles.

If this is the case try putting the driver momentarily into reverse whilst in a tightened screw-head to snap it back into line.

Jon

Latest posts

Back