Editing again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
To get me going with UKW after a long absence, I thought some of you might like to know that I am dipping my toe in the editing game again, in the very early stages of launching a new magazine. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has supported all my previous titles and my wellbeing over the last few years. I am back.

Welcome back, Nick.

Before you jump the gun, Steve, Nick's new magazine is, I've heard, on kick boxing. You sure you want to rush in? :wink: :lol:

Nick Gibbs":wokkxhtt said:
Thanks, all. It is set to be for anyone working wood by hand.
Flippin' 'eck. It'll take me ages to get through it without a saw.

Anyone else on here a member of SmallWoods ? Nick really took the magazine side of that forwards.

Heard rumour his new hand woodworking mag will be called SlowWoods.
Issue 1 comes with a free packet of Ash dieback resistant seeds, it's out next month.
Issue 2 is on working with Ash dieback resistant timber, it's out in 2087.
Only kidding Nick, great to see you back !

Haha. If you are interested in woodlands I do recommend getting a copy of Smallwoods. They have taken the magazine far further than I ever did. Thanks. Nick

Thanks. The magazine is called Quercus, and all about working wood by hand.

Nick

Nick. Good initiative with the magazine. For online users, if you want to sell to me again anyway, the publishers will need to improve the truly old fashioned PDF delivery. For anyone who reads on a laptop, forcing double page spreads on them makes zooming a single page to a size where the text can be read, very tedious.

Since you appear to be selling on an issue by issue basis, this means customer loyalty will require both ease of use and good content.

I also thought your reply to a prior subscriber who had his fingers burnt before, was very unwise. It basically washed your hands of the past and said "go away and don't bother me". Much better to her
have held your hands up and apologised profusely for the past and sent him the next 12months worth of issues on-line free rather than publish this. I would expect it to put off potential subscribers like me.

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.41.16.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.41.16.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.41.16.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Back