Edit Function

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
I thought it was back. I have made lots of edits as I cannot type without making at least sex mistakes.
As Angie stated above it now only works on posts less than two weeks old, and two years on the "projects" subforum. It used to be unlimited so you could go back and edit posts from whenever.

I just don't think it's particularly fair that a long-standing feature of the forum that was around way before the take over (Even since the start of the forum? I wouldn't know) has now been castrated on the account of ONE small incident recently.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Projects Forum still has extended editing time.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
Why has it been removed again though? There's no point in me posting anything of any substance if I cannot go back and tinker with it at a later date, independently.

Ttrees

Iroko loco!
Reaction score
Whomever is in control, what 's the reason for this?
This is fundamental for a forum to have a permanent edit function
It's really jeopardising safety otherwise!

What obviously seems so simple to the overlords, is not the same for all folks.
Infact it's quite the opposite for many folks here.
Especially if one has a medical condition which hinders things,
and can be a real challenge to write a post covering multiple topics,
in a short paragraph or two in an understandable fashion, that's actually readable, but more importantly not to be misinterpreted.
(for safety's sake)

This is not very fair, and infact a derogatory action that is unjust for people whom
you have put in a position of being excluded or singled out from the rest of the forum members.
Why are you trying to create a divide?
I would have thought this kind of discrimination was done away with, in this day and age.
Is it not?

Inspector

Nyuck, Nyuck, Nyuck!
Reaction score
I belong to 8 more different forums and checked on 4 (too lazy to look at the rest). This is the only forum where editing is allowed a day and in some cases an hour after posting much less having open ended editing. It isn't life or death. A request to the moderator to allow some editing is easy enough to do. Most people never go back to make changes to their threads beyond adding more as it progresses. I have seen far too many people get their stuff in a knot and leave after deleting everything they ever posted, rendering all the threads they started or participated in, useless.

Pete

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
My point is that the forum has always (as far as I know) had unlimited editing privileges, it's what made the forum unique and in the time I've been here I've only seen someone delete every post they had once and that was with SebG the other day and you could hardly say any of the posts were of any actual worth.

It was taken away when the takeover happened, then it was pretty much instantaneously re-instated when people weren't happy about it being taken away, it was then taken away after SebG did what he did and then it was reinstated after a bit of pressure and now it's been quietly taken away again for no real reason as far as I can see! Several long-standing and prolific members have left the forum in the last month or so because of how badly handled everything has seemed lately, even more so than before when nothing was handled at all.

I'm not even sure what's going on anymore, is it still a close-knit community or is it now a monetised ad-farm basically? I'd like to be part of the former but I want no part in the latter.

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
When am I going to get a response, please? It's been over three days now and I'm not sure whether I'm just being ignored.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
So the edit facility has been removed ....... again. Why? Who upset whom this time?
I would like to know as well.

A bit more transparency would go a long way.

It would also be useful to have a help page listing all the significant hidden settings - including a list of anything that depends on post count or elapsed time.

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Editing is limited for all forums. Registered members can edit posts for up to one day and Supporting members can edit posts for up to one month. The Market Place forum editing time is one year. The Projects forum editing time is two years; however, threads started in this forum in an attempt to bypass the editing limits will be moved to the appropriate forum without notice. This will not be changed and will not be discussed further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts