EDF energy company climb down.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I transferred my gas/elec to above around 6 weeks ago at a fixed monthly price of £103 for 3 years.

Yesterday they tried increasing my DD by another £10.

Gave them full broadsides, (cancelled the DD and threatened a dishonest deal to the ombudsman). They were attempting to put me in massive credit on the account overall. They come the old old story I use more in winter etc.etc.

They climbed down back to agreed original deal.

Hows zat for a letter of apology. (They have been taking around ten days to deal with querries previously.

And I got another rant yesterday I won with National Tyres.

Regarding Supply at Address:
rive,
Preston,
PAIGNTON,
TQX

Dear Mr ,
Re account number –
Thank you for your email dated 26th October 2011,
Please accept my personal apologies for the amount of time you have had to wait to get through to an advisor.
We are currently upgrading our systems to enhance our customer service; as a result we have seen higher than usual volumes within our business and this is inevitably impacting our ability to respond promptly. I regret that your impression of EDF Energy is not good at present and would like to assure you that this is not typical of the level of service we strive to provide. You have my assurance that your comments have been noted in our records. I have registered your views on our company complaints database.
In regards to your complaint about the gas direct debit increase. I can confirm that I have amended this amount to £36.87 and I can confirm the total amount that will be taken for your electricity and gas direct debit will be £103.47.
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us either via our e-mail address [email protected] or using the ‘contact us’ icon in My Account.
Alternatively please call us on our free phone number 0800 096 9000. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 8:00 to 20:00 and Saturday 8:00 to 14:00.
Kind regards
?????????
Customer Service Advisor
EDF Energy
Please do not reply to this email as it has been sent from an unmanned mailbox
+ Calls may be monitored and recorded as part of our customer care programme. Calls to ‘0800’ numbers are free from BT landlines. Other network operators may charge for these calls

MY original letter

I have received communication from you dated 21 October 2011 attempting to do a direct debit review from £36.87 to £47 starting 15 th November 2011.

I find this increase a dishonest transaction on your part and if not rectified I will forward the matter in full to the Ombudsman.

In the meantime until this matter is settled my direct debit has been stopped at my bank and they state they will not make a payment.

My complaint is that I am a new customer and was given a quote to change suppliers with your full knowledge of energy use of the previous 12 months. You gave me a quote of monthly direct debit payments and informed me that it is a fixed price until 2014. After two payments and the account in credit you are attempting to increase my direct debit although my consumption has not changed and I will reduce comsumption if I note any change of such.

I do not intend to use more fuel than the previous 12 months so you cannot be justified in trying to increase direct debit. (I was previously paying £67 per month for both electric and gas and was not in arrears when my account was transferred to EDF. I took up the account with your company on the basis of a combined monthly debit of £103.47 and I do not intend to use more than this amount of fuel over the next 12 months and should I see any increase I need to reduce usage to keep to my expenditure negotiated at the time contract was agreed and no price increases)

You will need to start a new direct debit for the above gas account which must not exceed £36.87 per month.

I tried telephoning your company but you would not answer to my call in a reasonable time period. You may contact me on 01803 5///// and I would discuss the matter verbally with your rep. otherwise this dispute must go to the ombudsman.

Signed

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and EDF Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments. No employee or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related company by e-mail.
All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy plc are monitored to ensure compliance with the company's information security policy. Executable and script files are not permitted through the EDF Energy plc mail gateway. EDF Energy does not accept or send mails above 30 Mb in size.
EDF Energy plc
Registered in England and Wales No. 2366852
Registered Office: 40 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7EN

You can think youself lucky DW! The only ombudsman I have managed to find this side of the cut is for parking in Paris! That's a cart load of carp for Electricty de France who you ared ealing with (EDF!)

Mind you the wine is cheaper and better when you live in the biggest vinyard in the world 8) 8) 8) 8) So there are compensations :mrgreen:

I didnt realise edf stood for that and its French. I thought it was a local supplier based in Exeter by their letter head.

Anyway the froggies didnt get one over me.

National Tyre I telephoned because an advert said tyres from £40, the cheapest a local branch of theirs was budget at £92 and upto £116, I told them my size start around £60 and he was talking rubbish. The retailer stated tyres have gone up lately but if I found a lower quote than his they would match.

I got another firm to quote £55 and could not resist going back to NTS and they then agreed to match, I said why would I go back and get tyres from them if I had already found a lower price, so requested what would they charge to compete, he quoted £50 (I do want four tyres btw)

I told NTS I would not buy from them at £40 or ever go near them again, so tma and steer clear of that shower of rip off merchants.

Back