Economy Router Lifter and Fine Height Adjuster.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bob38s":2ydcfnv3 said:
CHJ,
Came across your idea on our Aussie forum - great idea - you approached it from a slightly different angle to my own. I would like you to have a look at my idea as it solves the problem of lifting a heavy [Hitachi TR 12] router in a fairly easy manner using an "el cheapo" vice. Let me know what you think.
All the best for the new year to you and yours.
Regards,
Bob

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=23893

Welcome to the forum bob38s, thanks for the input, always interested in other peoples ideas and solutions. ironically a lot of Brits are now using the Triton Router to get round the need for a lifter.

Currently on Vacation in Bavaria but will have a closer study of your solution when I get back home.

Hope you find some useful information in other areas of the UKW forums.

Hi bob38s,

Welcome to the forum. :D

CHJ":lmuz2r7w said:
ironically a lot of Brits are now using the Triton Router to get round the need for a lifter.
Count me in there with the Triton Router, I needed a good big beastie to use in the table as the cheapie was beginning to show signs of ware. The Triton is both a good router and lift all in one. :tool:

Very nice lift mechanism, Chas.

I did something a little bit like that for my DW621. I used the threaded holes for the edge guide locking knobs and a couple of pieces of 6mm threaded rod. These holes are located diagonally across the base. Then I ran a piece of oak across the top just clearing the case of the router. It has a tee nut in it and a threaded rod with a knob that bears on the top of the router. It worked very well but it isn't nearly as elegant as yours.

Good work.

You may have just solved my router table problems and ruined part of my computer (it can't need all those bits :wink: ).

If you could lock the wing nut in place and adjust it with the other end of the threaded rod, you could adjust it from above. If you then mounted it just beneath the surface of the table and drilled a hole (possibly a large hole), you could adjust it with a socket set. :D

Hope this is useful and stops you making the "eeurrgh" sound every time you get up from adjusting the router.

Rich

Come to think of it, you could use a WoodRat Plunge Bar for the bulk of the mechanism and add Mailee's above table adjustment and you'd be all set.

Dave R":32uh3yi7 said:
Come to think of it, you could use a WoodRat Plunge Bar for the bulk of the mechanism and add Mailee's above table adjustment and you'd be all set.

It's all right for you more affluent types :roll: but the likes of me do not have a spare set of WoodRat bits lying in the junk box :lol:

Back