Ebay URGENT advice needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

I don't believe it!!

I just received a message about the telescope I lost on ebay.

' still interested in buying the item because is still available. The winner of the auction listed on eBay is involved in some fraud activities and is not safe to finish the deal with him.'

Of course, I have bought another one since then :evil: :evil: :evil:

Typical :roll:

Of course, I hate ebay even more now :wink:

Sorry guys I have to disagree. There is nothing wrong with Ebay in my opinion. I have dealt with dozens of traders on Ebay over the years and this is my first bad experience. Even now having been ripped off for £55 + £10 P&P (which hopefully I will be able to recover) I will continue to use it if there's something of interest and it saves me money. Like so many things, Ebay gets a bad rep from a small minority of bad individuals.

The seller of the the telescope has acted perfectly honestly. He would have sold to the highest bidder if that person wasn't suspect. Offering it to Tony is a good will gesture only spoilt by the fact that Tony has already purchased another.

Jeff

When I have bid on ebay I always email the seller to say that mine is a genuine bid and I will pay CASH on collection.If the item is too far away for me to collect I just don't bid. At least you have the chance of a bargain without being ripped off.This of course only applies to expensive items as cheap ones don't work out cheap when postage is added.

Aaaaarrrrrrr shipmates,
I be digressin' but me one good eye 'as just spotted on
the ebay horizon, a hearty 'RDX600i' dusty vessel, 5 years young,
bein' bawt for same pieces of eight that any scurvy dog can
get it this day, new :shock: :roll: :?

Well shiver me 2x4's

aye,aye cap'n

Two eyed TX

Tx - you're worryingly good at this Capt'n Bluebeard thing. Are you sure you're a cabbie?
Does your cab have any kind of flag attached? Black? Skull? A femur or two?
:wink: :D

Hi all

Not sure if anyone is interested but here is the 'scope I finally got.

It is a Meade LXD55 10" Schmidt-Newtonian with motorised Autostar (30,000+ objects) RA and Dec tracking. Makes my old 4 1/2" Meade look tiny and is very, very heavy :shock:

I am modifying a couple of webcams to allow me to dabble in deep space astro-photography and hope to add a section to 'Tony's Jig site' with asronomical picture in a while.

Meade.gif

Avast there, me 'andsome. 'Tis a fine bring-'em-near and that's no error. Very, er, telescope-y... Just remember to use the eye without the patch eh? :wink:

Okay, so I know nothing whatsoever, but it sounds dead impressive :D (Yarrr*)

Cheers, Alf

<*Hell's teeth, what possessed me to start in on this? A little light keel hauling would be less stressful...>

A thing o' grandness indeed :D

An' it t'would make a fine drum sander :lol:

Two eyed TX

PS Mister Aragorn Sir,
O'course, the slang for press gangin' a landlubber aboard
my black vessel on the vast seas of old'London Town be
'Dropping the flag'

Tony i have the meade lx90 good piece of kit. Being sold soon, i shall miss it but plan to get another when i eventually get to OZ bleedin paperwork takin ages though.

Opps 4got about pirate talk

Gaarrrrrrrr me artys i be settin sale orf to tha land beneath us as soon as those desk pirates be sharpenin thier quills, been many moons since me scrolls went orf to the landlubbers. the eyeglass has to go they dont take to sea very well :lol:

anobium punctatum":17s7febk said:
when i eventually get to OZ bleedin paperwork takin ages though.
I thought they'd stopped transportation these days?Or is Dartmoor full...? :wink: :lol:

A'duckin' and a'runnin', Alf

Hmmm, interesting comments in this thread. I've been using eBay for years now both as a buyer and as a seller and if you take sensible precautions there should be no problems buying, even from suspect sellers. The most obvious one is to use a credit card to pay for your items and you're immediately covered by the credit card company's protection and anti-fraud programmes. As a seller I NEVER send goods until payment is received, and if it's by personal cheque it has to clear before despatch.

I have only ever had one problem, a lost sale (which could be the same as the telescope experience in here). A 'fake' buyer bid on one of my items and won, but they didn't exist. Ever since then I automatically cancel all bids from buyers with zero ratings unless they email me first. Anyway, the second highest bidder got a 'second chance' offer from me and they bought the item after I explained what had happened.

eBay is just like any other auction really, except in live auctions the bidding stops when there are no more bids rather than at a predetermined time. Reserves aren't disclosed in live auctions, either, but if you're a high bidder at a live auction you may still be offered a deal with the seller if the reserve isn't reached (quite legal). As for last second bidding - get broadband. I have placed bids in the last 5 to 10 seconds of an auction and won. In fact I usually place my final bid in the last 15 seconds if needed. I keep two windows open - one to watch the bidding, being continuously refreshed, and one with my bid ready to go. Has worked every time so far.

I also sell books on Amazon..........

Alf it was either cornwall or australia i decided on australia less corrosive atmosphere so no rust to clean off the tools. Thats the reason you stay in cornwall isn't it :lol: :lol:

Back