Ebay problem.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that case, I think its a case of 'readies' and a visit so that payment, inspection and delivery can all be simultanous.

I agree with Freetochat, go along armed with your readies but check the machine as best as you can before you hand any money over.

As i said before i find it a bit strange that even though he has a showroom he does not take credit cards, but even so i would take one along with you and ask him if he will take one in the showroom, because if he does you are covered by your credit card company if anything goes wrong.
He may not take them on ebay because most of the time any buyers might live the other end of the country, and they cannot complain to their credit card company if they did not use it.

I maybe way of base here and he might be a stand up guy, but his email has made us think that something is wrong.

I hope everything goes well.

Woody

As everyone has said, I hope all goes well for you with this problem.

Looking through the Sellers other items some listings for new stuff require the Buyer to pay extra VAT but other listings for new stuff don't mention this plus why make the payments payable to a person instead of the business that is selling the stuff ? A tax dodge perhaps ? Looking through the Sellers feedback, lots of Saw dealers in there, easy way to swell feedback totals is to get friends and 'contacts' to 'purchase' stuff off you and get that feedback but in reallity they haven't actually 'purchased' anything, lots of that going on on EbayUK :wink:

After a bit of delay the seller has contacted me and I am collecting on Monday. Funny how something that he was unable to supply has suddenly become available.

John

Back