ebay/PayPal holding account. any Scams?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't say a story has to be a scam, I said there is always a 'story' with a scammer. They must always have to have some reason why you can't see the item, because it doesn't exist, They want a deposit, or money up front, because the product doesn't exist. I think there are always danger flags with a scammer and once you start asking detailed questions or proof of ownership, or to see the product, they always have a 'story' There are many many perfectly reputable buyers/sellers, but you have to admit that the platform also has a number of scammers. I was trying to buy a high value piece of plant. I am pretty convinced this seller is a scammer. Perhaps their story is all true, but it fails all my due diligence tests. This would be the second scammer I have encountered on two attempts to buy, so a 100% scammer record.

What a surprise!!!, I just got an alert from eBay saying the seller has been using a hacked account. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I had an item for sale on ebay for £2,000 recently, had an email that looked like it was from ebay saying i had received an
offer, and to click respond box. I would never click any box so went to ebay to respond and their was nothing to show i had
received an offer, so ignored it. Although the email looked genuine their was something about it that did not feel right.
Anyway several week later had another email saying i had an offer and when i went into ebay it was their and its sold.
Cannot work out what that scam was about.

Yep, certainly dodged the bullet, twice. The advert did look very genuine to start. I'm trying to purchase a cherry picker, which seems to be the perfect item for scammers. Reasonably high value, low supply and lots of people looking for them. The first scammer was pretty obvious from the start, looked too good to be true. The second scammer was much more difficult to tell from the ad. It's a bit of a minefield.

Back