eBay FFX has 15% off at the moment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardG

If at first you don’t succeed have a cup of tea.
Reaction score
Max discount £60. Use code POPUPOCT15 at checkout.

don’t spend too much......

^And check prices on their main site to see what, if any, saving the discount is giving you. They usually bump the ebay prices up so any saving is all but negated. The item I compared worked out, with the 15% "discount", to be exactly (to the penny!) the same price as on their own site.

^And check prices on their main site to see what, if any, saving the discount is giving you. They usually bump the ebay prices up so any saving is all but negated. The item I compared worked out, with the 15% "discount", to be exactly (to the penny!) the same price as on their own site.
I've noticed that as well.

Its more likely the price bump is because of the fees involved in dealing with paypal and ebay, but yes, the discount sometimes doesn;t end up being worth anything compared to their website.

With that said, a Festool TS55 561553 is £389 on their website but only £338 on ebay with that code. Though only saving £20 over anglia tool centre as one example.

I'm pretty sure (I have definitely seen them do it previously) the prices get bumped up in advance of them participating in an ebay discount offer only to then then drift back down once it's ended. That's not to say there's not some savings to be had of course... and FFX are usually very competitively priced normally.

I've just bought a TS55 and 1400 track from Powertoolmate, so I've been following prices very closely over the last few weeks. The ebay prices on FFX have definitely gone up this time round. The 561583 kit was about £475 and is now £495, with £60 off - so still a saving, just not as much as it ought to have been. Also nowhere near as chep as the £406 I paid Powertoolmate

Same here too and agreed. Having said that I recently bought the Festool mft and the tsc55 all from ffx eBay as it was cheaper than the main site plus, at the time top cash back had an additional I think 5%. Highly recommend tip cash back although it takes like 3 months to get the money back

Thanks for the heads up - I just bought the Triton Surface Planer for £205 - about £25 less than their site (and competitors)!

...on the other hand I was going to hold off buying it for a while, so...

Latest posts

Back