Ebay again.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudger

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this is a slightly dodgy thing to do, but no-one has bid on it yet.

A pretty rough Record #04, starting price £60 and £20 postage. Just who is having whom on? Is anyone going to contact this seller and tell them?

see here

I don't have a problem with something that's desirable going for a good price - but £20 postage? The last #5 I bought the postage was £9 - it was only $25 from the USA!

Putting up bog-standard planes (it isn't even SS) at high prices just leads to inflation which affects users.

Smudger":8awoxb4w said:
Putting up bog-standard planes (it isn't even SS) at high prices just leads to inflation which affects users.
Hi Smudger,
I'd say not quite...I think it's users who pay high prices for bog-standard planes that leads to inflation. A seller can ask what they wish for a plane, no one has to buy it.

Smudger":16mfafjj said:
(it isn't even SS)

Even if it was a Stay-Set, it would only be worth £12.75 (the price of a new Stay-Set cap iron from Classic Hand Tools) more than a standard one, but someone would no doubt pay over the odds for it.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Well the seller is either T.T.P, or is out of the loop on pricing.
I got myself a nice 19th century, low knob Stanley #5 from the States. Even with postage, it didn't approach that guy's prices.

John :)

Back