EB PKF255 10" table saw with 1.4mtr sliding table £750

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
Less than 2 years old, this delicious Electra Bekum table saw, complete with big sliding table (full 1.4metre traverse) is for sale for a mere £750 It comes complete with 2 CMT 80 tooth crosscut blades and a EB rip blade.
Reason for sale? I don't really need it now I have a full Festool saw and MFT setup, but I do need the space badly
I could deliver subject to time/distance considerations. I'm near Swindon, BTW
Send a PM if interested
John

John,

We know you really like the Festool saw/MFT combo but there's one thing I'm not sure I understand about the setup. To explain, on a table saw, once you've set up the fence so it's the right distance from the blade, you can rip sections off boards to that same distance without having to measure anything or change any setup. Can you do the same with the Festool system?

Cheers,

Pete

Pete
You have exposed a weakness in the Festool system, and ripping pieces as you describe is about the only thing I still do on the table saw. Having said that I regularly slice 8x4 sheets into 70mm by 8' strips using the Festool and the 2.7mtr guide.
For cutting out cabinet sides I intend to convert my 8x4 cutting table into a larger version of the MFT by fitting a fence and stop system.
John

Hi,
I was thinking that £750 seems a bit cheap. On Ebay Scheppach 200 fetches £700, Scheppach 2500 fetches £1200 and 4010 fetches £1500. Maybe you could get more tool cash by selling at higher price.

I know I'm a greedy sob but thats life.

beech1948":2j02x2kc said:
Hi,
I was thinking that £750 seems a bit cheap.

How nice of you to say so. No collusion here, honest!

Anyway, the purpose of this exercise is to sell the machine, the space is already needed for other stuff, usually the lower the price the quicker it goes. Hasn't worked yet, but will soon, hopefully. Otherwise I guess I'll have to try ebay, but that really isn't my thing
John

beech1948":cu3lkn74 said:
Hi,
I was thinking that £750 seems a bit cheap. On Ebay Scheppach 200 fetches £700, Scheppach 2500 fetches £1200 and 4010 fetches £1500. Maybe you could get more tool cash by selling at higher price.

I know I'm a greedy sob but thats life.

Does a 4010 really get £1500? :shock:

I got my TS4010 for £700 from an ad in practical Woodworking! :p

I'd probably make more money buying Woodworking tools from www.adtrader.co.uk and flogging them on ebay than I will ever do from making furniture :cry:

Back