Eaves filler for shed roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
(Not a completely "woodie" question, but it might be useful to others building sheds/workshops.) I've recently built a new store shed, with box profile steel roof (reclaimed, needless to say!). The shape of the profile means that there are gaps at the eaves, which need filling to prevent rodents etc. getting access. The only pre-made filler strips that seem to be available are in some sort of foam plastic, which is probably nice and chewy to mice etc. Is there a source of anything a bit more robust, or is it necessary to make up something? (for the time being, the gaps are filled by stuffing in spare fibreglass insulation - should at least give the little beasts pause in their chewing)

Can't say i have ever fitted of even seen anything other than the foam fillers specifically for box profile sheets...

Theres a closure flashing affair for corrugated....dont recall seeing one for box though :(

Thanks, Hitch - at least that confirms I've not missed anything obvious. So a second question - does anyone know how rodent proof the foam plastic thingys might be?

We installed the foam plastic eaves filler strips under our corrugated concrete sheeting roof and so far, a year later, theyre all still intact - and unfortunately being surrounded by farmland means its plenty of rodents around. It's working for us.

Thanks, guys. Looks like it's worth at least trying the plastic stuff and it's only a few miles to the nearest stockholder. We don't generally get much of a rodent problem (it's the b****y deer that cause most damage, though not yet to the shed!) but I want to put our apple rack in there and so the shed needs to be rodent proof.
Mind you, when I tot up how much we spend on peanuts for the red squirrels (maximum of 6 in the garden at any one time and 3-4 around every day) that would buy an awful lot of apples..........

Back