East Essex Hackspace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim_n

Reaction score
Hi all,

I did check the rules and I'm not sure whether this counts as "commercial" as we are a workshop charity like some mens sheds.

I setup East Essex Hackspace with gear I bought off here, it's based in Hawkwell partnered with Remap as well (a charity which makes custom things for disabled people to improve their lives.)
We are open 24/7 and are pretty well equipped and do free workshops with the public. If you're in the area feel free to pop by of a Tuesday evening to have a look around and a chat with other like-minded people.

We have a metal shop, wood shop, laser cutter/engraver, computer and electronics lab.

For those not familiar, you may have been better to mention Raleigh or Rochford as Hawkwell is not so obvious! But a great idea and a benefit to the community so good luck.

Please excuse me, and I know that I'm probably being pedantic, but,
if you're open 24/7, why are visits restricted to Tuesday evenings ?

Open 24/7 for people who have had an induction for the fire safety and security - we charge £10 a month for access to the workshops 24/7 and £5 lifetime membership. Pays bills and for replacing equipment. Some tools like the laser have a nominal charge of £5ph to cover replacement parts. Workshops like woodworking, turning, electronics etc are open to all and are free.

Back