Earth Google

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone else got this downloaded its fascinating......its a satellite link looking down at mother earth.....it can zoom right into your street and almost id your house....big brother really is watching.

you have to download it then you can run it

http://www.earth.google.com

Ian

thomaskennedy":277t1sd1 said:
Thats cool, only it won't focus on Huddersfield :cry:

So just who did you pay to stop them watching you? :wink:

In fact the coverage of some parts of the UK is a bit thin, but it is surprising just how much of the big task has been done and is free to view! :shock:

I've been playing with this programme for a couple of weeks now - great fun! But the quality is only really good in USA and the odd tourist spots around the world. Has anyone found another country yet which is as good a quality?

And on the subject of Google, does anyone know how to get a g-mail account? It seems to be by invitation only.

Regards, John

Very Nice. But where us hilbillies live is blank :? Hope that isn't foretelling the future. A-Bomb plant is jsut over the hill :)

Yes I've been playing with it for a couple of weeks as well, a bit patchy in places but wow!

Bean

Slim, does that mean you don't have to pay municipal taxes if you don't exist?

I haven't yet found an airport where a plane is actually on the runway, but if you look at Malaga harbour (Southern Spain) there's a very big container ship docking itself by using bow and stern thrusters.

Regards, John

I take it all back. There's one at Orly, and several at Charles De Gaulle, including one lifting off the ground.

Well I have had another play and here is a picture of my workshop. :D :shock:
shop.jpg

I put the ring round it as I doubt any of you know what to look for! :roll:

Knot Competent":2fd5y5ei said:
And on the subject of Google, does anyone know how to get a g-mail account? It seems to be by invitation only.
Regards, John

I've got 50 invites in anyone else wants one? I thought they were on general distribution by now!

Adam

What height is that from Dave?

I can work out where we are on the basis that we are the only house in the postcode and I know what the fields look like.

But I can see my mum's house in Florida clear as bell. Best place found so far re detail is Hong Kong. Worst = Indonesia, not a single island named inc Java!

Cheers

Tim

Tim,

628 feet, I am glad it’s in feet!

The view is very good for a section of Suffolk, but I went over to look for my daughters in Ipswich and it’s just fuzzy.
My mum and son live in different parts of Essex, can’t see either house!
I wonder if having the air force bases to the north of us has any bearing on the level of the survey that has been carried out?

I then started looking at our work locations, out of 4 in different parts of the county, I have one were I can count the cars in the car park but the other 3 I cannot even pin point the buildings! As I said before it’s very patchy in the UK.

Latest posts

Back