e-commerce site s/w, credit card payments and iWeb

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please recommend an e-commerce site package that is cost-effective and lets customers pay by credit card as opposed to PayPal. Ideally it can be linked into iWeb. Volume levels will be very low (maybe 1-200 per annum) and also product items will be very low (under 100). Needs to be configured/set-up at my end on a Mac platform...

Thought I'd ask here first before Googling away... :D

Many thanks

Roger

I'm currently building a site for my son with prestashop [ www.grimly-fiendish.co.uk ] I've set up paypal express which allows credit card transactions for non-paypal users. I'm finding it a little tricky in places mostly due to the large number of configuration options. The software is free unless you get sucked in to buying new 'themes' etc. HTH

Thanks, Mike, but I want to avoid anything to do with PayPal because for the site in question, PayPal could be perceived as being too 'downmarket'.

opencart, I've configured many ecommerce sites and this one would do what you need. Just need some linux hosting. Its fast loading and feature packed without being bloated.

PM me if you have any specific configuration requirements.

Prestashop does have other card payment modules available but I am trying to keep costs to a minimum. That doesn't mean I'm endorsing it.

Millions of buyers use Paypal and any website that does use this as an option is missing a lot of sales.
Give as many payment options as you can and let your customers decide if Paypal is to downmarkrt for them.

Latest posts

Back