e-bay gloat, look away now if easily jealous!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, after much waiting, frantic bidding in the last 5 minutes of the auction and then nervousness as I went to collect said item, I am now the proud owner of a brand new BAS316 bandsaw for a mere £215 :D :p Never even been used, it still has the NVR switch wrapped in its original plastic and a thin film of oil over the table (and the car boot now but SWMBO hasnt spotted it yet :oops: )

Not that I wanted to shout about it or anything, I mean I could have just taken a picture of something else with it in the background but then how would you know it was new and what a bargain it was :twisted:

Steve
----------
Happy as a pig in.... for now at least

Nice one - certainly sounds like a bargain!

Pete (not a bit jealous... it's not like it was handtools :))

Steve

I find that with these sort of items on Ebay you have to be doubly lucky.

First getting it at the right price and then because most of these sort of items are collect only, being in the right locality to make it worthwhile.

I've seen what look like a few reasonable items but adding the cost of collection means the true cost becomes too high.

Got yourself a good deal on the bandsaw though. :D

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I agree, I have been looking for one of these for almost 6 months on e-bay and in the local papers etc. It was a 200 round mile trip to collect it but twas worth it due to the low price. I had almost given up hope and was going to get one from the D+M tools show in October :shock:

Take home message is e-bay can have the occasional bargin, but boy do you have to be patient :roll:

Cheers,

Steve.

Back