DX delivery service from Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hsmith192

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone ever had any bad experiences with buying machines from Axminster? The delivery company DX failed to show up yet said I signed for it?!
I’ve paid for it fully but just wanted to know if anyone had experienced this and what advice they would give.

Thanks.

DX should be named DS (dog's excrement)

Metals4u also use them and they are terrible. They lie, their "tracking" is a joke, they won't wait for 2 second on the door (not an exaggeration)

Had some work stuff delivered by them in Hayes, they refused to come to the drop off area and just lied that there was no one to receive the parcel (after I had specifically gone in to work in the office to receive it - waste of a journey)

Couldn't get a hold of them and their chat service was useless. Somehow they called me back the next day and assured the driver would call me.
Then the next day I did get a call from the service guys and the driver.
I had to walk to a different location which was about a 6 minute walk (literally a different postcode) from where the office is so that is convenient for this bozo to drop stuff off.

Since then I had work related deliveries from them sent to my home address. The guy doesn't wait for literally 2 second after ringing the bell. After I almost lost him, he turns around and says, "you've got to be quicker to answer the door, my friend" and he wasn't kidding.

I'm sorry, I can't be glued to the door just because he couldn't be bothered to manage his time!

I'm very understanding when it comes to delivery drivers and posties as they have a difficult job. Our local postie, the DPD driver, Amazon guys, UPS and even DHL drivers I have met are nice guys, but this guy was a total "Van Dyke"

Avoid them if you can, but without an alternative, just start a web chat with their "customer (intensive) care"

Note to self: "it's okay, is okay, calm down, it's all okay now... Breathe....."

I have only ever had good experiences when buying from Axminster. They have always reacted quickly to any issues and put it right.

Last year I bought what seemed like the last LN bevel edge chisel in the country at the time from Axminster. They shipped it via DPD. Now DPD, whose sole job is to deliver parcels to the recipient, cannot get into their systems (or skulls) that my house and the same numbered house on the next street are different. So the delivery driver left the package in the next street on the back door step. Fortunately, they took a photo, I recognised where is was and went and collected it. (the neighbour often spends long periods at their holiday home). I emailed DPD, and copied Axminster Customer Services). I'm still waiting for DPD to respond. AX CS however, responded a day later to see if i had received the package, and would have sent a replacement if they had one.

This has happened with DPD 4 more times since, and despite making 4 formal complaints, only the last one did they take any action (sent the driver back, but as he had posted it, all I got was a card stating he had misposted the package). I now typically do not buy goods if I know the carrier is DPD. I've also added what 3 words info to my account, and stated not to deliver to the neighbouring address. We'll see how that goes.

Try Hermes next time and enjoy their service not!🤣🤣🤣
It’s really ridiculous. I’ve been lucky with Hermes that they haven’t actually lost anything….yet..
But this DX, they literally lie. In the long and short run that helps no one.
I should have a table saw by now but I’m thinking of calling Axminster to let them know it’s been Nearly a week (ordered since Monday!)

It’s really ridiculous. I’ve been lucky with Hermes that they haven’t actually lost anything….yet..
But this DX, they literally lie. In the long and short run that helps no one.
I should have a table saw by now but I’m thinking of calling Axminster to let them know it’s been Nearly a week (ordered since Monday!)
I think I'd have been on to Axminster the day it didn't turn up. It's their problem to sort out, not yours, so definitely give them a call.

I’ve always had great service from Axminster.
However, I ordered a couple of items on Thursday night from another supplier and had an email on Friday telling me it was due to be delivered on Monday - no problem.
I received an email yesterday afternoon saying it had in fact been delivered whilst I was out and the tracking said it had been “handed to xxx (random bloke’s name)”. It was in fact on my door step.
Similarly, the driver from Yodel doesn’t trouble himself with a knock or ring. On Wednesday, I watched him wander down the drive from my front window and saw he was writing something.
This turned out to be a note saying that a parcel for my wife was on the doorstep.
The note was under the parcel which had to be picked up before you could see the note telling you where the parcel was.
Marvellous service.

However, I ordered a couple of items on Thursday night from another supplier and had an email on Friday telling me it was due to be delivered on Monday - no problem.
I received an email yesterday afternoon saying it had in fact been delivered whilst I was out and the tracking said it had been “handed to xxx (random bloke’s name)”. It was in fact on my door step.
Similarly, the driver from Yodel doesn’t trouble himself with a knock or ring. On Wednesday, I watched him wander down the drive from my front window and saw he was writing something.
This turned out to be a note saying that a parcel for my wife was on the doorstep.
The note was under the parcel which had to be picked up before you could see the note telling you where the parcel was.
Marvellous service.
Sometimes you can’t even make it up.

Axminster was pretty much my go-to for getting things here in France but a few years ago they switched to a new EU fulfilment/delivery company and things started going wrong. 5 out of 5 orders were messed up…wrong items, missing items, missing delivery…one packet delivered to a guy 7km away. Stopped ordering from them now, but to be fair to Axminster - their aftersales always got onto things quickly and sorted me out but it just got really boring and meant instead of waiting a few days from ordering, I’d have to wait weeks. Last time a box of driver bits was missing, the UK side sent out replacement from the UK the same day with express courrier, but the packet then got held at customs, delayed delivery and then I got a customs bill for twice the value of the bits because Axminster hadn’t filled out the shipping label correctly. Given up now as discovered Screwfix aint having these problems - ordered a few times now and things just show up a few days after ordering.

Marvellous service.
🤣

I bought a mini lathe from Vevor & noted that it was being delivered by - DX, OH NO! I thought, but when it did turn up it was DPD. The guy rang my bell first then got the big wooden case from his van & carried it in a 'bear-hug' to my door. When I said that I thought DX were delivering he said; "We often help 'em out". Hmmm, I thought that could be taken various ways!!:unsure:😃

Local delivery person is everything.
Our Hermes chap is just brilliant. Zero problems with Hermes ever. I always ask for goods to be shipped that way given the chance.
Local posties are good too but Royal Mail tracking is an utter joke so they are a distant second choice.

I'm always amused by the carriers who send you a message like "delivery attempted" or "could not be delivered" as if it's you fault when their real time tracking showed that they never got within 20 miles of your place, just turned around and headed home at 3 in the afternoon :)

No one likes UPS, least of all the Americans.

And don't get me started on Fedex ...
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...larly-incompetent-carrier-of-them-all.133883/

Axminster was pretty much my go-to for getting things here in France but a few years ago they switched to a new EU fulfilment/delivery company and things started going wrong. 5 out of 5 orders were messed up…wrong items, missing items, missing delivery…one packet delivered to a guy 7km away. Stopped ordering from them now, but to be fair to Axminster - their aftersales always got onto things quickly and sorted me out but it just got really boring and meant instead of waiting a few days from ordering, I’d have to wait weeks. Last time a box of driver bits was missing, the UK side sent out replacement from the UK the same day with express courrier, but the packet then got held at customs, delayed delivery and then I got a customs bill for twice the value of the bits because Axminster hadn’t filled out the shipping label correctly. Given up now as discovered Screwfix aint having these problems - ordered a few times now and things just show up a few days after ordering.

Try them again I like you order a lot of stuff for delivery to France and don't have delivery or order problems the only difference now with Brexshite is that there are some items that they can't send and also orders have to be made via internet you can't do it on the phone.

Whenever I have delivery at work by dx just one look in the back of the van is enough to make you give up all hope.
If you do ever receive your goods it will have been walked on climbed over and sliding around in the back for two days.
Good luck.

Ok well Axminster we’re really helpful in all fairness. DX said they had mistakingly scanned the package and now can’t find it! Apart from that- Axminster tools were really patient and lovely and sorted it for us. Panic over!

Back