DW957K2 Drill Driver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Firstly, let me say that the reason I bought the DW was that the Panasonic, at about 230, was too expensive and I thought the DW was better value than the Mak. The last bit really galled me, especially as I am a great fan of Makita. The DW was 134 GBP delivered, from toolshopdirect, and included a free DW drill holster. Incredibly, this drill is on sale at anything up to 210GBP.

It is a 14.4v Drill/Driver with a 13mm chuck. It comes with two NiCd 2.0 Ah batteries and has a max torque of 40 Nm. The max. drilling capacity in wood is 35 mm and it weighs in at 2.1Kg. Oh, there's also a 1 hour charger and heavy duty carrying case.

The advertising also says: -
Two speed settings, variable speed and reverse switch.
17 position adjustable torque control.
Electronic motor brake for added control.
High performance fan cooled motor for maximum power and durability.
All metal gearing for efficient power transmission and longer tool life.

When you are using a professional tool the difference is dramatic. It has the feel of an extremely well made drill. For me, it is well balanced and very comfortable to hold. You just know that it will keep going and going.

I have had the drill for about three months now and I am very impressed. Every job I have used it for has been accomplished without any problems(well, the drilling part anyway). In fact, I have just ordered a second drill so that I will have plenty of compatibility.

Cheers
Neil

Back