DW626 router blowing fuses - help please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Established Member
Reaction score
The router is mounted in a table, and intermittently (say 1 in 3) will blow the fuse on start up. It is plugged straight into the NVR switch on the table which, in turn, is plugged straight into a wall socket.

It's only a 2200w motor, so I can't see where the problem is. When it doesn't blow a fuse, it runs fine.

It's beginning to bug me !

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Cheers

Karl

Try blowing the dust out of it and check for any stiffness or catching so the start up would be slowed.

It's pretty much new - i've only just fitted it in the table. This is the first time of use in anger.

Is the slow start working or is it coming on at full speed straight away

It is a new machine? consider a warranty claim.

Bob

Ive had two in recently of repair both with bu88ered main bearings

Reasonably easy job to replace.

Thanks Bob - sorry for not replying sooner, but i've been using it today in the 'shop.

It was new, but old stock. I bought it off e-bay earlier this year, and have only just got it fitted in the table.

When it starts up, it definitely has a two stage system. It seems to kick in at the lowest setting (but only for 1 second maximum) then switches to the speed selected. This results in 1/3 fuses blowing when set to the highest speed.

So I switched the speed down to 5 (out of 7) and, since then it hasn't blown a fuse (guesstimate of 30 start-ups).

I think I can live with speed 5, although i'm not sure what RPM that is.

Cheers

Karl

Not sure if it would cause the fuse to blow, but what is the maximum power rating for the NVR switch? I have one for my router rable and it has a limit of 2000W, which is fine for me as my router is 1500W rated.

Karl":37k7vtwr said:
Thanks Bob - sorry for not replying sooner, but i've been using it today in the 'shop.

It was new, but old stock. I bought it off e-bay earlier this year, and have only just got it fitted in the table.

When it starts up, it definitely has a two stage system. It seems to kick in at the lowest setting (but only for 1 second maximum) then switches to the speed selected. This results in 1/3 fuses blowing when set to the highest speed.

So I switched the speed down to 5 (out of 7) and, since then it hasn't blown a fuse (guesstimate of 30 start-ups).

I think I can live with speed 5, although i'm not sure what RPM that is.

Cheers

Karl

The ones I had in to repair were Trend T10/T11 which I think are the same machines as your DeWalts. They speed up smoothly from the initial switch on to the set speed rather than the two steps you mention. I'm pretty certain I switched them on when set to maximum speed and did not have fuse problems. One of them was 110v and only fused on the primary of the transformer. So all a bit puzzling.

Bob

Craig - I don't know what my NVR switch is rated at, but i'm not sure if that would cause the fuse to blow.

Bob - thanks, i'll just keep the speed down to level 5.

Cheers

Karl

Latest posts

Back