dw625ek.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have sixty four fire doors that need intromucent strips. Need to run a groove to take the strips in the center of the edges of door . Thinking that if i get another fence for router & use both fences at the same time i will be able to work a bit faster with the router, and not worry about the router straying off line.

Can anyone see why this might be a problem?

And does anyone have a supplier where i can get a spare fence as soon as, theres a bit of a rush on to get this job done.

The router is a dw625ek.

Thanks

Simon

Have you thought about this cutter from trend.......a bit pricey but with 64 doors to to thats a pound a door and will do away with the need for another fence :D

It should also pay for it's self with that amount of doors to do :D

If you get it from Powertek 01923 250295 you should get it vat free :D

Cheers

Thanks Nailer,

Problem with sitting the base of the router on the face of doors, is i would have to remove the door furniture, handles, door closers, kick plates. At the moment i only have remove hinges.

But thanks for the tip have not see these before. Would be spot on if the doors were new.

Simon

Simon,
Two fences work well as you hope they might. I use that set up a lot. my second fence came with a second router - not sure where you can get one otherwise.

It would be easy enough to make one up with two rods of the right diameter from say Chronos and a bit of wood. You only need the fine adjust on one of the fences - then move the home-made one up to snug against the work.

on a recent job i was helping on, we had to do more or less the same, and used the cutter described above,
with the 2 fence idea, will the furniture still have to be taken off, due to the depth of the fence?

why not make a jig that fits onto the bed of the router and has a groove the thickness of the door taken out. This will give you two shoulders that will act as a double fence. As long as the depth is shallow enough ot pass any ironmogery you have fitted it will work great.

Andy

Back