DW3401 bandsaw table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyB

Reaction score
Hey
I am setting up the table on my bandsaw and notice that it is level left to right but completely out front to back. Is there an obvious way of setting this that I am missing? Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Emily

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 22
Emily it may be fine. Check to see if the stand your bandsaw is on and the floor show the same results with your level. If they do there is nothing wrong.

Colin

Theres usually a couple of bolts you can loosen for adjustment, but stop!
Rather than going for level, you are actually aiming for square with the blade, nothing else matters. Spin the top wheel to make sure the blade 8s seated and moving well, the put a square on the table to line table with blade in both directions 👍

Out of 90 degrees front to back? Does it really matter in that plane? The main one is the angle of the cut line to the table which is of course adjustable using the trunnion.

Simultaneous replies 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I think you are measuring the wrong thing. The relationship of the table to the floor doesn't matter (within reason). What matters is the relationship of the table to the blade. You can use an accurate engineer's square to verify the blade is perpendicular to the table from the side and from the back of the blade. If the blade is square to the table, I wouldn't worry about the slight out of level.

Not a bad start having a level or plumbob should some troubleshooting be nessecairy,
but as above a cheap 150mm engineers square if it wouldn't be too large to fit under guides, can be bought for a tenner at axi.
Make sure the blade is properly tensioned before trying.
Might need a washer under there or what have you.
This is an opportunity for both leafs to become un flush, so some biscuit tin might be worth having at hand should you need to do that also.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back