Dust mask

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel I have got my dust extraction just about right in the workshop. I have an air filter going when working and also a quiet running dust vacuum and have rigged the nozzle so it sits just below the bottom blade clamp. However, there is still airborne dust on its way to the air filter and i think a dust mask would be beneficial but having tried several in the past i have found my glasses fog up all the time. I have heard there are dust mask that avoid the fogging up so if anyone knows I would be grateful for any information.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff , Had the same problem , and didn't find a mask were my glasses didn't seam up !
So i invested in a Trend Airsheald , ----briliant mate , not cheap , but brilliant .
-----frank-----------

what about something to put on your glasses instead- you can get a paste that you can put on them that stops them fogging up.

There are two dust masks that won't fog up your glasses - the Trend Airrace which makes you look like Darth Vader but comes highly recommeded from many on here and also the one I have which is the 3M 7500 series half mask and you just buy the appropriate filters for what you are doing.

I've found the 3m 7500 very good as the Trend Airrace would stick out too much on my small face for the small detail work I'm doing but if that doesn't matter and you're happy with P2 protection then the Airrace is supposed to be very good and easy to breath through due to the high surface area. Not cheap though.

The 3M is this one: http://www.axminster.co.uk/3m-7500-seri ... rc=froogle
though I got it for £18 ish on Ebay + £5.99 for P3 filters.

Hope that helps.

hi geoff you can buy a spray to stop your glasses fogging up bikers use it to stop there vizers fogging up in the wet. hope this helps

Hi Geoff,
I got myself a dust be gone mask last year, and am very pleased with it
costs a few quid but has a washable filter and is supposed to last for 5 years.
Recommened by Steve Good and available in UK from Turners Retreat.
I use reading Glasses when cutting and when I got the mask adjusted correctly no fogging up..........Geoff3

Thanks to everyone who replied. I now have a good choice to choose from. First port of call is Turners retreat.

Full 3m face mask, with filters, full visability and light, and glasses fit in, and now fogging up and you can sneeze in it, without the glass steaming up or getting wet. perfect fit

Mcluma":1i3rmyzw said:
Full 3m face mask, with filters, full visability and light, and glasses fit in, and now fogging up and you can sneeze in it, without the glass steaming up or getting wet. perfect fit
+1 for this - search Chas, (CHJ) posts on tests of dustmasks - I got a secondhand dustmaster and I think the world's supply of filters as they dont make that model any more - absolutley brillian, even when angle grinding a wall down I came away free and clear, whilst my brother with a crappy one suffered for days, (and probably forever, inside!)
HTH
Greg

The 3m 8835 are nice. Top model disposable, adjustable straps, vent, and padded surrounds. Can be reused and u wear mine all day fairly comfortably!!

Latest posts

Back