Dust extractor.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmee54

Reaction score
I have bought a dust extractor (used) off ebay. It is one of those with the "ballooning" filter bag on top, motor in the middle and a plastic collecting bag underneath.

Is it possible to improve the suction by preventing the filter (top bag) from getting clogged by fine particles?
Or, has anyone other tips for keeping it working efficiently.

It's in the shed down the garden, so not sure of the make, but they all look the same to me :)

Cheers John

You could add a thien separator or a cyclone before the extractor. This would allow the filter bag to last longer before becomeing clooged.
Mark

I'd second the recommendation for a cyclone of some sort. It also helps to periodically clean the cloth filter bag (I use a vacuum), inside and out. Some also recommend washing it.

wallace":26x2jdm4 said:
You could add a thien separator or a cyclone before the extractor. This would allow the filter bag to last longer before becomeing clooged.
Mark

This is exactly what I'm working on now. My 1st of 2 seperators will be at the testing stage in the next few days. If all goes well I'll put some pics on. If all goes un-well..... hmmm #-o

Roy

1st seperater built and tested and........ WOW!!!! Why didn't I build one of these years ago?

99.9% of the dust goes into the seperater. I really am amazed how well it works. I've taken some pics of the construction and I'll do a thread in the PROJECTS section A.S.A.P.

Roy

Latest posts

Back