Dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driftwoodman

Reaction score
Hello friends

I am looking to buy a dust extractor for my band saw, Axminster DS12DL 300mm Disc Sander, power tools.
My band saw is 5mtrs away from my Axminster DS12DL 300mm Disc Sander & power tools. My plan was a dust extractor with a long hose that i can disconnect & connect between the different machine. Until i have time to get my workshop better organised and put in some dedicated pipe work

Can any forum member recommend a decent extractor?

Since none of these generate large chips then I'd go for a cheapie vacuum cleaner type one. I bought one from Travis Perkins a while back and it came with a PTO and I use that for my power tools, sander, Festool TS55 etc. Bandsaws are notorious for being difficult to extract the dust from and for a long time I used this T&P unit with an adapter down from the 100mm outlet on my bandsaw. When I eventually used a larger Camvac unit, I never noticed much improvement, to be honest.

Or if you're feeling really adventurous then why not get hold of a small cyclone and stick it on a wheeled platform along with your vacuum cleaner? Something like this..bottom rh corner of the photo

wshop7.jpg

checkout camvac machines. then check david biven for prices! i have a 286 4" intake, twin motor - the container is small but if you use a cyclone or secondary bin then i think you cant beat that setup! i havet got the second bin yet, i hope to but geting the time to do the extra wee bits is difficult

simocco - thanks for the recommendation of David Biven. Purchased a Camvac and microclene. He was the cheapest around and the postage was very reasonable. I will certainly be using him again as the customer service is excellent

Thanks for the heads up about Camvac - I am looking for an extractor and luckily will be at Fakenham industrial estate on Friday anyway so will see if I can call in and pick one up - just need to build my cyclone now.

This looks good. Expensive, but it appears (never used one myself) better value than the CamVac. I suppose it depends on what model you're going for. I haven't seen a bad review for this, though:
http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-numatic-nvd750-workshop-vacuum-extractor-prod782721/#

A few guys on the forum have these, and they seem to like them. It has a higher airflow rate than the single and dual motored CamVacs, and comes with accessories.

HRRLutherie has me thinking now - take a look at this video by Peter Parfitt showing a Numatic in use with a cyclone central 100mm cyclone (jump to the end of the video).
Very impressive and very flexible. Unfortunately the cyclones are currently out of stock.

redmoorphil":3ohgxdd9 said:
HRRLutherie has me thinking now - take a look at this video by Peter Parfitt showing a Numatic in use with a cyclone central 100mm cyclone (jump to the end of the video).
Very impressive and very flexible. Unfortunately the cyclones are currently out of stock.

have you the link to vid :wink:

Should be more in Stock in June. But once they are out of stock were not making anymore so it'll be the last batch.

I use a standard shop vac with a hook up drum,(numatic). I have the drum connected to my network of pipes and blast gates for stationary tools, and simply unplug the hose from the vac and plug in the standard shop hose for power tools. This means the minimum of switching. You could add the ducting later of course as you said.

I only recently added the drum as I was fed up of how quickly the vac filled up especially when planing, and was amazed at how much it collected. 200 litres and was full when the vac was still empty.

If I did again I would get the numatic vac as I had to do a lot of fiddling to get adaptors in place. Probably the camvac would fit better too.

chems, why no more? I think the cyclone would collect more fine dust than my set up, not enough demand?

If it's in demand and makes money... Thought about franchising the tooling and design for a small royalty?

There's multiple options for continuation, that's one, its just finding something that fits the bill.

Back