dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I read the article and saw the super pictures on planer thicknessing of the oak board.
One of the photos was showing a clear plastic waste bag on the dust extractor.
I purchased the SIP P/T and dust extractor on offer last month, and I am using the two fabric bags. There is a plastic bag and a paper type filter bag included with the setup, but I am unsure what to do, and when with these two items.
Would appreciate advice on this matter.

HI Devonwoody

My extracter has a cotton bag on top to allow air to escape and a polythene bag at bottom to collect rubbish as it falls, I think tha tyours should be the same as this

HI Devonwoody
I also got the SIP extractor
The paper like bag is for filtering fine dust i.e. sanding and sits on top
the other two cloth bags are for coarse sawdust/shavings and also goes on top
and the polythene bag is for collecting the waste

Why not use the paper filter type bag at all times on top, it would then mean not having two set ups? (on the top end)

devonwoody":1g2ej1bo said:
Why not use the paper filter type bag at all times on top, it would then mean not having two set ups? (on the top end)

Lack of air flow?

Tony":1o7e08hb said:
devonwoody":1o7e08hb said:

Lack of air flow?

and aren't the paper bags fragile and meant to be disposable? I know I turn my cloth bag inside out and give it a good beating over the (empty) washing line every time I empty the plastic sack of shavings to clean it up - wouldn't fancy a paper one's chances of surviving such activity

m

It`s not actually a paper bag as Devonwoody is saying it is a felt sock

yes you do loose suction but the lose is small and your health is more important

Back