Dust Extractor with cartridge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Simon, as mentioned by demifrog, I'd definitely not recommend using water on these fine filter cartridges either, as to the best of my knowledge they are mostly manufactured from paper. The advice to use high pressure water sounds very dubious to me!! It would turn into an expensive lump of paper mache. Tapping and compressed air is your best bet once in a while to keep them clean.

Cheers

Nick
Jet

Cheers fellas....Don't worry I wasn't really going to try it out, it doesn't get use enough to be that dirty!! :oops: I usually just give it a bang on the side of the cage which clears it out nicely....

Cheers anyhow!

Simon

Thank you for all the advice.

I've decided to go for a slightly bigger dust extractor than originally intended and have ordered the Axminster ADE2200 which is supposed to have an airflow of 2200m3/hr. I'm going to site the extractor outside the garage which should solve the fine dust problem and save space.

I never realised until I started researching how much info was required to spec a suitable dust extractor and still haven't quite bottomed 'static pressure loss'. The Bill Pentz site was very interesting - it seems that 6 inch piping is required. I'm going to check at the local builders merchant next week whether they sell 6 inch soil pipe.

Back