dust extractor recomendations?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
We all know this is a minefield, and with a single garage I don't have the room for something enormous, but i would like something to cover the following:

Bandsaw with 2 x 100mm outlets
Bosch GTS 10 saw
makita mitre saw
Makita 2012 thicknesser

Ideally i want to use it on a PT when the pennies allow. I currently have a numatic nvd750 which does an ok job on the thicknesser and other things, I use a festool midi for sanders/track saw etc.
I like the idea of a cyclone but they just seem huuuge, is there anything under 700-1000 worth a look that isn't gigantic?

Cheers
Craig

A friend of mine has the Axminster Craft Cyclone set up which I think cost him £600. I'd guess it has a footprint of about 100 x 50cm.

I use a Record RSDE2 but through the same Axminster cyclone head which sits on a piece of plywood on top of a bin. It works fine and is a lot less faffing around for emptying.

i saw Peter Partfit i think has a similar setup to that. i need something to suck whatever the bandsaw throws out of both its holes, id imagine it would be good enough for the other small tools i have.

I suggest you have a look on he Poolewood site for the Fox 842 two horsepower dust extractor £240.00 with a three year guarantee.
It's very well spoken of on here.

I started off with an older version of this, it did me for awhile, not the best quality kit but then for that sort of money it’s ok. I still use it now as a vacuum in the workshop. Ian DB4064B6-2D78-404F-88C7-CD0FA94564F6.png

What's it like cleaning the filters and replacing the bags? One of the things that draws me to cyclones is less faff and ease of emptying...they just seem to be huuuge

I'm sure there are plans for a home made Cyclone on the web......u can make what size u want...
factory stuff is sold at a premium......

Back