Dust extractor mounting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stug

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Picked this up for £40 today, mounted it this way (see pic) after a bit of a struggle (quite heavy), seems to work OK but now wondering if it's better mounted with the waste bag hanging down. Just fits better up there out of the way. Any thoughts please.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220120_180023056.jpg
    IMG_20220120_180023056.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 32
My first thought is does the motor have enough power to lift the material your extracting up the tube, you may find it pulls dust but heaver bits build up and cause it to block

My first thought is I would rather have the bag outside of the work space. The dust that harms you is better off outside than in your lungs. I bought a 2hp dusty with a bag filter secondhand a few years ago. Bag was 5 micron. The seller turned it on to show it worked and I had to get out of the garage choking. It was working moving the dust around. I got a pleated filter on it now but still wheel it outside to use. You could leave it mounted there and get a bit more flex pipe to have the bag someplace else.
Regards
John

Hi John
That's an idea, I could easily do that. Never thought about it.
Thanks

Get a separator lid or cyclone and stand that out side with the pipes coming through the wall less emptying and cleaner air.

wondering if it's better mounted with the waste bag hanging down. Just fits better up there out of the way. Any thoughts please.
Thanks

Looks identical to the P & J one I had years ago, designed to be used with waste bag bottom mounted. As Ozi suggests, it needs to be mounted lower so the bag just clears the floor.

Putting it outside, even if you have to build it a shelter was a better idea than mine, but get it lower and it will work better

Back