Dust extractor for garage size man cave

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend Record Power. I've had a DX1000 for years and it is 100% superb & reliable with my BS250 Bandsaw. Their new Camvac ones are made in the UK - which is exactly what we want, as we do not want to be giving custom to China after what they have done to the world over the last 14 months
Yes, about 6 months ago, I replaced my (rather asthmatic) Axminster shop-vac style extractor with one of the twin-motor Camvac units. It’s connected via 63mm rigid ducting, blast gates, then 63mm Id flex ducting to the table saw, router table and disc/belt sander. It works very well, is quieter than the old extractor. To mis-use an American phrase, it really sucks!

The link I posted up-thread has the system that works for me (if you want any other pix or details PM me) - some machines connected all the time, some wheeled out and the hose connected to a spare blast-gate . . . I'm just adding another blast-gate to attach a hose for cleaning up the benches - it'll stay connected, hooked up out of the way to save having to keep connecting and re-connecting.
Many thanks that looks like it is just what I was looking for. Not sure I can stretch to the Record air cleaner at the moment. I have the same mitre saw and really like the idea of the hood as I have a Dyson connected to the dust port but most of it seems to come out just behind the blade. Can you but the blast gates? Thanks again

I wonder how @DBT85 is getting on with his?
Ha. I havn't even started thinking about it yet!

Been busy making some cabinets and stuff for the utility room. Its on the list. I still need to decide how I split usage of the HVLP and the LVHP. I'm thinking it would be best to try and organise things so that one side of the shop is things that want the HVLP and the other side is the LVHP.

Just not gotten anywhere yet what with work and parenting and actually making things! I want to though, I hate having dust all over the place.

Many thanks that looks like it is just what I was looking for. Not sure I can stretch to the Record air cleaner at the moment. I have the same mitre saw and really like the idea of the hood as I have a Dyson connected to the dust port but most of it seems to come out just behind the blade. Can you but the blast gates? Thanks again

Did you mean "BUY" the blast gates? (T is next Y on the Kb!) - NO - I made them - pretty simple - I bought a length of HDPE Sheet NATURAL & BLACK - High Density Polyethylene PEHD Polythene 100mm x 1000mm x 8mm from Trent Plastics on ebay - cost £10.32 delivered - enough to make 2 blast gates when cut in half.

Again, someone asked me how they were made - I have a drawing I'll send to you. The 40mm waste pipe fittings from Screwfix have to be cut down and glued into the holes in the blastgate. - You'll need a 40mm Forstner bit or hole saw (the latter is better as the Forstner clogs with the polyprop and needs frequent clearing.

For the mitre saw I have one hose connected to the saw's dust port and another length cable-tied so that the open end is just behind the blade cut line (inside the hood box) the two hoses are joined with a y-piece (3d printed by my brother) and then a short length of hose through the top of the hood to the blast gate (another 3d adapter) - that reduces the amount of dust left behind but the hood does still have to be removed and the space inside vacuumed from time to time. No mitre saw I've ever seen has good dust collection.

why are thge outlets on all my tools different sizes- I bought an adaptor kit and none of them fit that well.

do we all make our own from plastic then use a heat gun to 'shrink' it to size??

or did I just buy some rubbish adaptors

ps forum changed C**P to rubbish - that made my morning!! :)

3d printing an adaptor right now.

Attachments

• E1357C15-0269-45D9-9F10-23CC1B15A42F.jpeg
    E1357C15-0269-45D9-9F10-23CC1B15A42F.jpeg
    107.9 KB · Views: 4
  • B4490CE8-D2B5-4198-AE27-EE5326D4911D.jpeg
    B4490CE8-D2B5-4198-AE27-EE5326D4911D.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
Back