Dust extractor connector for 2.5" to Dewalt 621K router??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone come across a decent connector that reduces a 2.5" flexible dust extraction pipe to the outgoing port on a Dewalt 621K router - the one with the through the column dust extraction?

I'm using plenty of duct tape which works fine but it's a bit messy and inconvenient when you want to switch to another machine.

It's about 43mm (1.75") external dimension. I thought a 1.5" connector would fit it but that's too small.

Thanks,

Jennifer,

Jennifer,
I think I read somewhere about someone using a piece of mastic/silicone/filler cartridge body for a similar job. Sorry its a bit vague but might put you on the right track?

Bob

Jennifer

Plumbers merchants are a great place for all sorts of diamenter pipe try there first if not. . . . . . . . . .and you have access to a hot air gun (the type used for stripping paint) you are home and hosed.

Just find a piece of plastic plumbing pipe just oversized. You will find that if you heat said pipe evenly and slowly, emphasis on slowly, the pipe will soften and by pulling on one end the section you have heated will start to stretch and reduce in diameter.

I would heat the end of the tube and then insert the piece for the router and pull until if fits snuggly then remove. As it cools it will shrink a touch and with a bit of trial and error you will end up with a nice sliding fit. Obviosly you will need to size the other end to fit you extractor in a similar fashion and yes you can make it larger too if necessary.

If you wish to try this and it's really not that hard please wear thick gloves to avoid burning yourself.

I've done this successfully with everything from soil pipe down to pushfit waste pipe.

Regards

Richard

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find something suitable.

I've not got a heat gun I'll have to try and find a suitable connector.

Jennifer

Plumbers merchants stock more pipe sizes than you can imagine but as one other suggestion, do you have locally a little appliance shop that fixes vacuums etc? They would be a good source of small bore pipes.

Sadly I can't say go to your local recyclying centre and ask if you can go through the old vacuums they collect because it's "more than my jobs worth mate". I did that for years but no more.

Regards

Richard

Back