Dust Extractor, can anyone identify?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought this yesterday, however I'm not 100% certain what it is?

I think it's a Camvac, certainly looks like one, twin motor, however there's no markings or stickers to be seen anywhere.

I did belong to an old chap who has now sadly come into poor health and his Daughter is selling it on his behalf. She said he had for 20+ years and hardly used it, which seems likely as theres hardly a mark on it and it's as clean as a whistle inside, and boy can it suck as I put a piece of 18mm ply on the outlet and the wife couldn't pull it off with both motors running, it is a big beast though but came with it's own trolley.

I think though I may have a slight problem with it due to it's age.

I measured the the outlet cuff and it came to 112mm and I believe the standard is now 100mm?

Would anyone know where I could buy a new outlet for this with a reducer to 2.5 inch and also some 2.5 pipe as it didn't come with any accessories, pipe etc, however I thought for £75 it was still a bargain even if I have to spend a bit on it.

Any help, especially on the spares would be appreciated.

Hope the pic comes out as it's my first attempt at posting one!

Attachments

• Dust Extractor.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
I think that going from 112mm down to about 62mm (2.5inch) will throttle the suction and you will find that it will be less useful than expected. It should be possible to get hold of some metal or plastic pipe and get it too fit.

A twin motor camvac doesn't move enough air to justify the 100mm odd inlet it's fitted with, even a 3 motor model doesn't. Poor design.
You'll actually get a better, faster airflow down the pipe if you reduce it to 63 or better, 50mm. The motors fitted in all of these type cleaners make great suction but don't move a lot of air.
It will be great for powertool extraction and for smaller machines.
A simplified explanation: it has 2 vacuum cleaner motors inside. Typical single motor vacuum cleaner uses a hose of 32-36mm dia. Two motors, double the airflow, double the hose area = 1.4x the diameter, so basically 50mm hose.

Back