Dust Extractor Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all. This past weekend I collected a Kity LPHV dust extractor up that I bought on the wonderful eBay.

It needed a new capacitor so I was unable to test it before I left with it but at £31 I was willing to take a punt. It also is in very good condition visually and appears to have been well looked after.

The new capacitor arrived today (£6) and the extractor did indeed work just fine.

However there does seem to be a bit of an issue, when it is on it develops quite a large wobble/vibration and something is definitely out of balance.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as how to diagnose the potential imbalance and what I should do to attempt to fix it. I've don't anything yet apart look and feel the impeller blades inside the machine which all feel fine and the correct shape/not snapped etc.

Be glad of any advice anyone may have

On opening it up it has this drilled on the impeller
20210415_174444.jpg

Could this be causing the imbalance?

The large drilled depression looks like it was done to balance the impeller.

The image is not clear enough, but is there some metal bent around the inside edge of the impeller blade at the top of the image? If so, that could account for the imbalance.

Thanks Mike, I figured it must be that.

It was a piece of metal yes but just a shaving that had been sucked up but could have been contributing I guess because now that I've put it all back together again it seems to wobble less.
I'll use it and see how it goes

Back